What's new

Sensible parental controls

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pirx73

Hello

RT-AC68U has parental controls which can limit the time child's device can access internet. It allows to specify times when child's device can go online.
Unfortunately i was not able to find more granular controls for it.
I need child to be able to access some predefined addresses and pages all the time, while rest of the internet is only available during specified hours.
Predefined pages like school page where homeworks are for example.
ASUS has white and black list in the firewall but they are kinda stupid - if i put some address in whitelist child would be able to access it only during specified time.
Is there any option to whitelist some addresses and pages so child can access them 24/7 but the rest of the internet is only available during certain hours?

I haven't seen anything like that on the ASUS routers.

But you could create a hotspot on a desktop/laptop and just allow access to certain sites. Then switch it off once homework etc is done.

Or you might find flashing DD-WRT or tomato onto the router would give you these settings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!