1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Set Up A Patreon Page

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by castlefox, Jan 23, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Depends. Need more info.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. castlefox

castlefox Occasional Visitor

After reading: https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/other/other-news/33218-a-new-door-opens

I was thinking that I would support SmallNetBuilder with something like Patreon as I value its reviews and write ups since I cant really find what I am looking for anywhere else. And I think other people out there would also.

Would something like that make this website more able to support itself?

Sorry if this came up somewhere else already.

2. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

Such a thing has been suggested before, but Tim has always politely declined. For example here and here.

3. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

I appreciate this idea and others I have received. But octoScope’s support has solved my funding issue.

Please donate to a favorite charity instead, or to RMerlin or other developers if you use their free wares.

4. System Error Message

System Error Message Part of the Furniture

You could set up a petreon page and give those proceeds to RMerlin and other developers

5. castlefox

castlefox Occasional Visitor

@thiggins I should really keep my add blocking on my computer at work since it in a sensitive environment.. That is also why I was trying to donate/pateron to alleviate some of my guilt.

I was not aware of RMerlin, will need to give that a run through. :D