What's new

Settings.json

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

psychosb

Occasional Visitor
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone knows where is the script that generates the file

...(USBDevice)/Download2/config/settings.json

I want to make some changes to this file permanent, but every time that I restart the router, the file is generated again (or something like this) and all my changes are gone!

Edit: Just found out that the transmission daemon creates the file:

Feb 19 08:11:12 transmission-daemon[1005]: Saved "/tmp/mnt/HD_Downloads/Download2/config/settings.json" (bencode.c:1716)

I'm wondering now, where should I found the settings that transmission daemon uses to create this file!

Thanks!!

Last edited:
How to configure Transmission via settings.json file

I'm wondering now, where should I found the settings that transmission daemon uses to create this file!
Hi,

How did you install transmission? Did you follow any guide or how to instructions?

In this how to Installing Transmission through Entware the usage of the Transmission configuration file is explained... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Disable Download Master from router's UI, make changes to settings.json, save, enable DM again
Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone knows where is the script that generates the file

...(USBDevice)/Download2/config/settings.json

I want to make some changes to this file permanent, but every time that I restart the router, the file is generated again (or something like this) and all my changes are gone!

Edit: Just found out that the transmission daemon creates the file:

Feb 19 08:11:12 transmission-daemon[1005]: Saved "/tmp/mnt/HD_Downloads/Download2/config/settings.json" (bencode.c:1716)

Thanks!!

Sorry, I have forgot to say that...

I'm using Asus Download Master... But the Daemon is transmission anyway! :D

There is another file to modify (can't remember exactly witch one), somewhere in Downloads2/Configs folder and changes will be permanent until updating to a newer version. I don't use DM from a while because is very buggy.
If you list here all files in Downloads2/Configs I will tell you witch one you have to modify.

There is another file to modify (can't remember exactly witch one), somewhere in Downloads2/Configs folder and changes will be permanent until updating to a newer version. I don't use DM from a while because is very buggy.
If you list here all files in Downloads2/Configs I will tell you witch one you have to modify.

The content of Downloads2/Config is:

03/02/2013 20:43 <DIR> blocklists
07/02/2013 18:13 982 dht.dat
03/02/2013 20:43 <DIR> nzbget
03/02/2013 20:43 <DIR> resume
07/02/2013 18:13 1.993 settings.json
07/02/2013 13:39 155 stats.json
03/02/2013 20:43 <DIR> torrents

I haven't found any file under this directory that may be the source of settings.json!

Do you know if I install Transmission (and stop using DM), I can still access it from Web using Asus DDNS (Asuscomm.com)?

Thanks for the help!!

Sorry, should be in another folder then.
Yes, you may access transmission from wan, just look at my signature and follow the tutorial or install it through entware like joegreat suggested.