What's new

Settings to Lower 2.4ghz microwave EMF radiation exposure!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

swealpha

Occasional Visitor
Hello! (No joke, lol:rolleyes:)

I was thinking of what settings we can use on a Asus Merlin wifi router to lower EMF exposure.

I know this company is using OpenWRT to make it.
https://www.jrseco.com/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3m_mcwHeI

So the interesting part is if we can recommend or fill this thread with recommendations and settings to use.

What i could find online:
1. Scheduling the router to turn off wi-fi automatically (example when we sleep)

2. Decreasing the wi-fi transmission power.

3. Decreasing the "pulse" interval (i dont know how to do this)
"Beacon Interval" can be set to 1000 or 2000ms, so in standby, it will only emit one pulse per second or per two seconds, instead of 10 pulses per second which is the default. This alone reduces radiation by 90%+ when in standby.

4. Your ideas, please this is a serious thread.

Thank you!! ;)

Hello! (No joke, lol:rolleyes:)

I was thinking of what settings we can use on a Asus Merlin wifi router to lower EMF exposure.

Even if you sleep 5 feet from the router at MAXIMUM transmission power, your exposure is around 0.0057 mW/cm2. That's about 1/200th of the FCC's maximum exposure limit.

Even if you sleep 5 feet from the router at MAXIMUM transmission power, your exposure is around 0.0057 mW/cm2. That's about 1/200th of the FCC's maximum exposure limit.
Furthermore.. supposing that I had the ability to reduce my own WiFi to near zero levels, what do I do about my neighbors who are putting a minimum of 10 signals strong enough to be usable into my living room? Do I have to wear Chuck’s space blanket?

Do you stand close to microwave oven?

That's a lot more EMF there...

We get these threads from time to time - there's no proof that WiFi, much less 3G/4G wireless, causes harm here.

These settings are useful to know, particularly for using Asus routers with multiple access points, but not for the reasons you describe.

As for your concerns, you are constantly surrounded by powerful RF and other EMF radiation if you live almost anywhere in any developed country. Most of it is from telecoms and is almost entirely unavoidable.

This is the WHO's stance (a very conservative body in scientific terms) on the general issue:

In the area of biological effects and medical applications of non-ionizing radiation approximately 25,000 articles have been published over the past 30 years. Despite the feeling of some people that more research needs to be done, scientific knowledge in this area is now more extensive than for most chemicals. Based on a recent in-depth review of the scientific literature, the WHO concluded that current evidence does not confirm the existence of any health consequences from exposure to low level electromagnetic fields. However, some gaps in knowledge about biological effects exist and need further research.​

These settings are useful to know, particularly for using Asus routers with multiple access points, but not for the reasons you describe.

As for your concerns, you are constantly surrounded by powerful RF and other EMF radiation if you live almost anywhere in any developed country. Most of it is from telecoms and is almost entirely unavoidable.

This is the WHO's stance (a very conservative body in scientific terms) on the general issue:

.....​

I would also include the following quote from the WHO link provided ...

"At least some of these health problems may be caused by noise or other factors in the environment, or by anxiety related to the presence of new technologies"​

The bold text is the epiphany of the problem ... and the most probable health hazard to those susceptible ... "stress" :eek: ... not the minuscule emissions from routers.

Oh good , a thread that will see a sharp increase in the value of the shares in tin foil producers.

The UK have a nice potash mine that is 1.75 Kilometres beneath the North Sea, moving there will help reduce exposure.