What's new

Setup a firewall rule to block UDP port 443 from client IP address to any address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BeachGuy

Regular Contributor
I have a TCL Roku TV and when I try the YouTube app it just buffers constantly. Someone on a forum said they fixed it by:

1.) Setup a static DHCP lease of my firewall to ensure that the TV always gets the same IP
Done
2.) Setup a firewall rule to block UDP port 443 from the television's IP address to any address. This will block QUIC negotiation, resulting in a downshift in protocol.
Is this Network Service Filter and if so how do I configure?
The result appears to have forced the connection away from the CDN and leverages standard TCP instead of QUIC.

Upon implementing these changes, the issue was immediately resolved.

This is a question. The steps and comments in regular type are recommended by a different forum user. My responses are in bold for this forum.

Do this (change the IP address to your own):

Untitled.png

Ok I did that but still buffers constantly. I'll have to see if there's other ways (possible YouTube app problem). Thanks for your help.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!