What's new

Share showing full

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathan Dixon

Occasional Visitor
I have a 4TB hard drive plugged into an Asus AC68U router to use as a NAS.

All has been fine for a good year, but randomly it now shows full and I can't put any files on.

The files already there are accessible and don't seem corrupted.

If I look at properties, I get:
7412 items totalling 2.6TB
Total capacity 4TB
4TB used
249.9kB free

The 249.9kB was a random file that I tried deleting (and was able to).

What's going on??

I generally use linux but I get the same issue with Android and Windows when trying to use the share. I can't recall making any changes recently. I've tried running a scan on the drive using the Asus router but it came back fine.

Any suggestions?

Posted too soon. Was going to delete post, but in case it helps anyone, the issue was a 'minidlna.log' file. I couldn't see the file until plugging directly into my laptop and showing hidden files. I don't know what it was, but it was 1.4TB so I deleted it. Maybe I'll run into problems later but for now it has freed up the space.

Turn off the router's Media Server under USB Application > Servers Center otherwise it will scan every file on your USB drive and create that log file.

Minor point too - this has nothing to do with a NAS, it is simply file sharing :)

Glad you got it figured out.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!