What's new

Share What You Know: ASUS RT-AC3200 News, Release Date, Price and Expectations

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would then slow down any faster client you might have on the 2.4 GHz band, and are forced to use due to distance.

And in most environment, that 150N client would get dropped to 72 Mbps as you are forced to use 20 MHz channel width on that band. Not ideal.

RMerlin, have you decided to support the RT-AC3200, or just not enough bandwidth given all the other Asus routers you already work with?

RMerlin, have you decided to support the RT-AC3200, or just not enough bandwidth given all the other Asus routers you already work with?

Unsure yet. The first question will be on whether I will be able to get one - that question hasn't been answered yet.

What do you mean by "just not enough bandwidth"? Saying this device isn't powerful enough to bother with?

What do you mean by "just not enough bandwidth"? Saying this device isn't powerful enough to bother with?

Might be Merlin running out of "bandwidth " with all the routers being released . A lot of work

IIRC, he's already supporting firmware for 6 or 7 other Asus routers. He may not have the time or interest in adding to that pile of work.

Last night i impulsively ordered one!

I woke up today, and I realized that my home network isn't likely to be that much improved by this router...

but furthermore, I spent so much time bouncing between routers a while back until I finally went with the 68U... Then it was a disaster... then finally, after enough firmware updates and merlin's awesome secret sauce, it became perfect. It just works!

I don't trust Asus out of the gate... I canceled the preorder... If Merlin supports this and Asus can get their $hit together with firmware, then I'll let my geek power convince me to re-order it :D.

To avoid splitting discussions between both threads, I'm going to lock this one (as it was more about speculations ahead of launch).

Now that the product is available, please use this thread for further discussions about the actual product:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=22414

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!