What's new

Sharing: Slow download speed when wifi is enabled. (Solved)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonnyJohnny

Very Senior Member
Just for sharing.
I was on 384.7 beta 3. It was dirty flashed multiple times since 384.7 alpha time.
I was on 1GB fibre plan. And normally on wired LAN, I could reach 800 mbps and wifi around 400mbps.

I didn’t notice when the download speed slow down to 230mbps on both wired and wifi. The upload speed is normal at 800-1000mbps.

I did various test like updating my NIC Drivers and its setting. It didn’t help. Only when I turned off my router wifi, then the speed on wired went back to normal.

After that, I also test enable wifi without connecting to my wired client. The download speed on wifi is also normal (good). But the moment I plug in my wired client, download speed down to 230mbps again. This is when I realised something wrong with the router. I tried reflash between beta 1,2,3. Result are the same.

Finally, I decided to bite the bullet re-initialise my router after flashing to beta3. Reconfigured all setting.

Walla! Download speed back to normal! 800-900mbps for both download and upload when wired and wireless client connected!

Moral of the story?
If you have issue with the router? Do your due diligence testing. If still cannot? Re-initialise the router and reconfigure your setting manually.

DON’T BE LAZY.
LOL

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!