What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Should I whitelist pdst.fm?

• Whitelist it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Leave it at the default: blocked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I posted a better Podcast app for iOS in the comments that bypasses the need to whitelist

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iTyPsIDg

My Skynet logs contain several blocked outbound connections to pdst.fm.
1655906005146.png

After some investigation, I found that Overcast lists several podcasts my partner and I listen to in the privacy section that connect to pdst.fm.
1655906324412.png

I couldn't find anything about pdst.fm when I searched the forum. I seem to have no problem leaving it blocked. My partner has problems downloading podcasts sometimes when on the home network, and I wonder if this could be a cause.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any pros or cons of whitelisting versus remaining blocked? My gut says to whitelist it because we use our phones outside the home network anyway, so the app will eventually send the metrics. Skynet allows other tracking services, adding to my gut feeling that I should permit it. Is there something else I haven't considered?

It looks like pdst.fm shouldn't be blocked, based on what I read here: https://github.com/lightswitch05/hosts/issues/160

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!