What's new

Site to site (Net to Net) Ipsec vpn - feature request

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It can be done with already available OpenVPN. There are threads around describing the setup in details.

How do you connect open vpn to oci without creating instance specially just for open vpn server? I did not found any threads about it here certainly.

Site-to-Site OpenVPN tunnel is possible with what we already have available. I don't know about cloud services.

Understood. I see IPSec Server only available. Works well with native IPSec Client in iOS devices.

1655579131714.png

Asus is fighting some firmware issues, Asuswrt-Merlin is one-man project. You may have to wait a bit for IPSec Client.

Today I tried to get it running
Code:
opkg install strongswan-mod-kernel-libipsec strongswan-ipsec
Jun 26 23:26:09 00[LIB] feature CUSTOM:libcharon in critical plugin 'charon' has unmet dependency: CUSTOM:kernel-ipsec
Jun 26 23:26:09 00[DMN] initialization failed - aborting charon

is this something missing in asus-wrt maybe? entware issue? strong swan issue?

I have also tried changing load to 1 and 9999 in /opt/etc/strongswan.d/charon/kernel-libipsec.conf - still same issue

Code:
openvpn --mktun --dev tun1
enables strongswan to start

Last edited:
I think with all the azure, oci, aws and others cloud stuff it might be interesting for more people then just me.

Maybe so. But reading the tea leaves tells me it ain't gonna happen anytime soon (maybe never). We don't even have WG (WireGuard) support yet. And if you're expecting VPN Director integration as well, I suspect WG will get priority.

Like it or NOT, when it comes to VPN support, we're in an OpenVPN vs. WG world for the foreseeable future. Esp. given the performance benefits and simplicity of WG compared to most any other VPN solution. That alone will give it the upper hand when it comes to the developers deciding what to support.

I was se to establish the tunel connection Yesterday, but I3T seems that routing is still not working, hopefully today.

Hopefully I Will finally learn how to set up routing.