What's new

Skins for ASUS Routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BreakingDad

Very Senior Member
Anyone else think the ASUS router UI is pretty ugly ? Centred down the middle etc ?

Would be better imo using the whole screen. Could show a lot more info on one page that way.

Just a thought, was wondering why no one has written a few nicer skins for it, It's been around for long enough.

What are you viewing the ASUS on? I see nothing "down the middle" on my browser when I view the AX92U AP GUI.

You can always adjust the page size to suit.

Buy a better router is a good alternative.

Why are you posting this in the Routers forum which is for "Hardware routers, wired only. Post about Wireless routers in the Wireless Networking Forums"? (not my emphasis)

EDIT: It looks like Tim has now moved it to a more appropriate forum.

Last edited:
Rather ugly, but they were ahead of their time with Dark Mode (that can’t be turned off).

My most frustrating obstacle with FlexQoS is limiting the UI to the 750px frame width visually enforced by the UI graphics.

What are you viewing the ASUS on? I see nothing "down the middle" on my browser when I view the AX92U AP GUI.
Untitled.jpg

"down the middle in 2k res" if you stretch it out it looks terrible

For example tomato and dd-wrt look way better imo and use the whole page.

687474703a2f2f746f6d61746f2d64657369676e2e646f7432362e736b2f746f6d61746f2d64657369676e2d736372...png

s9JBnk6.png

Buy a better router is a good alternative.
There is nothing better than ASUS :)

Why are you posting this in the Routers forum which is for "Hardware routers, wired only. Post about Wireless routers in the Wireless Networking Forums"?
I thought I was posting in the correct section about "routers" that is what the section I originally posted in was called, that said I did not read the smalll print. This has nothing to do with wireless, maybe it should have gone into other topics . Perhaps, having aspergers, I took the forum titles to literally.

My Bad if I offended you Mr Taylor, it was unintended. I am all for things being correct, lined up and in good order. Even down to the shampoo bottles in the bathroom.

but they were ahead of their time with Dark Mode (that can’t be turned off).
I agree the dark mode is "ok" a little "meh" perhaps especially the yellow writing.

I think my main issue is the centering and the potential waste of space that could be filled with more stats and information all on one page.

Last edited:
I think my main issue is the centering and the potential waste of space that could be filled with more stats and information all on one page.
Different strokes for different folks. On my screen (attached) it fits just fine and leaves room beside it for other programs to display -- for example if I am cutting/pasting or reviewing some settings.

ASUSgui.jpg

Different strokes for different folks. On my screen (attached) it fits just fine and leaves room beside it for other programs to display -- for example if I am cutting/pasting or reviewing some settings.

View attachment 31934
You may want to hide your wan ip

Last edited:
You may want to hide your wan ip
I don't anticipate any problems. The malicious breed of hackers automatically scan entire ranges of address looking for easy entry -- it is not productive for them to target an individual address unless it is a specific target, like a utility controller or government data base.

I could also enforce a new address by unplugging for 30 minutes or so, but why bother? There are no malicious hackers on SNB Forums anyway ;).

I don't anticipate any problems. The malicious breed of hackers automatically scan entire ranges of address looking for easy entry -- it is not productive for them to target an individual address unless it is a specific target, like a utility controller or government data base.

I could also enforce a new address by unplugging for 30 minutes or so, but why bother? There are no malicious hackers on SNB Forums anyway ;).
Dude, I'm looking through your web cams. Your house is a mess, Those dishes in the sink must have been there for weeks, and that Dang, delivery driver left your package visible from the street and not behind the bushes to the left! :p

....AND I'm strobing your smart lights! (synced to Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park" --I always did like Disco--It will come back one day!)

Last edited:
Dude, I'm looking through your web cams. Your house is a mess, Those dishes in the sink must have been there for weeks, and that Dang, delivery driver left your package visible from the street and not behind the bushes to the left! :p

....AND I'm strobing your smart lights! (I always did like Disco--It will come back one day!)
You forgot to open and close his DVD Drives, that's what we used to do for fun back in the early days of networks :)

....AND I'm strobing your smart lights! (synced to Donna Summer's "MacArthur Park" --I always did like Disco--It will come back one day!)
Could you switch to a Bach organ concerto, please?

I usually open the page in my second monitor in portrait mode, so there is not much wasted space on the sides. I would prefer the right System Status column to be full page length in the Network Map page. I don't get it why the need to have a scroll bar within the page.
1615823269938.png

Last edited:
If you stretch the system log page with the button in the corner of it, you can stretch the whole page out to something that looks decent, shame they didn't do that for the whole skin.

Rather ugly, but they were ahead of their time with Dark Mode (that can’t be turned off).

My most frustrating obstacle with FlexQoS is limiting the UI to the 750px frame width visually enforced by the UI graphics.
I dabbled with the css and general design long ago but it was too much of a headache validating every single page