What's new

Skynet Skynet and VOIP.ms - 208.100.60.0/24 blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BikeHelmet

Regular Contributor
Just wanted to let people know, I caught Skynet blocking VOIP.ms's new Cloudflare IP range. ( 208.100.60.0/24 ) Pretty sure I left it on defaults when configuring. I was wondering why all of a sudden VOIP broke down, and finally discovered the answer after going through my router page by page. It was confusing because there was still a dialtone and everything looked normal - just no incoming or outgoing calls, only beep beep beep on dial. Finally spotted a big ol' block graph with tens of thousands of hits.

Working now because I added it to the whitelist.

1641123640117.png

I had a similar experience... I added the 2 POP IPs for Voip.ms that I use to the Whitelist in Skynet. Everything started working immediately.

Ditto, woke up to no service last week, whitelisted ips in skynet, alerted voip.ms to this, agreed to this course of action.

Keep in mind this is not a Skynet issue, but an issue with whomever maintains the list containing these ranges.

For example, I have had to exclude certain ipsets because of the number of false-positives.

Thanks for this!! I just noticed my ata wasnt connecting last night and could not figure out why. We dont get many calls on this land line and seemed odd for not getting any for over a month.
Whitelisting the range above solved it.

Thanks for this!! I just noticed my ata wasnt connecting last night and could not figure out why. We dont get many calls on this land line and seemed odd for not getting any for over a month.
Whitelisting the range above solved it.
No problem. Glad you got it working again. I wonder how many people were quietly affected?

Anyone know what the procedure is to suggest changes to these filter lists? When I once tried to suggest changes to an AdBlocking list, I didn't make any headway. Not enough community reputation. o_O

Anyone know what the procedure is to suggest changes to these filter lists? When I once tried to suggest changes to an AdBlocking list, I didn't make any headway. Not enough community reputation. o_O
See post #4. Contact the maintainer of the list.