What's new

Skynet Skynet + Diversion behind CG-Nat Address

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Finally :)) 1 blocked inbound *block outbounds was crypto something . Sorry guys, before this, it was just setup and leave it work and update occasionally. This 100x.x.x address zzzzzz. Also noticing type64 for Apple devices for arpa resolver I presume in Diversion

Skynet: [#] 187837 IPs (+0) -- 9249 Ranges Banned (+0) || 1 Inbound -- 131 Outbound Connections Blocked! [stats] [3s]

Using @Viktor Jaep 's list from other thread
I am sure you are noticing, the more you stare at things, the more it feels like it is over complicated. That is why my advice here is, if everything works how you want it to work, then it is probably fine to leave well enough alone.

I am sure you are noticing, the more you stare at things, the more it feels like it is over complicated. That is why my advice here is, if everything works how you want it to work, then it is probably fine to leave well enough alone.
Yes, I know thank you. You know when you just want things to be working like before. I remember you helping me setting up type65 blocking for iptables. And I had free time today, so why not set everything up and focus on other things for the move o_O

Yes, I know thank you. You know when you just want things to be working like before. I remember you helping me setting up type65 blocking for iptables. And I had free time today, so why not set everything up and focus on other things for the move o_O
Feel free to review our old discussions to help you re-fine-tune things to your liking.

By the way, does your ISP offer some sort of port forwarding with this CG-NAT? Because if it doesn't, the "other things" are a bit limited, if you are talking about reach from WAN related... other things.
Good point. I compare the world of CG-NAT to an apartment complex of people all sharing the same mailbox, refrigerator, washer/dryer, and facilities. In that world, "other things" is definitely limited, or lacking.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. All they offer is £5 per month for a static IP. I do have 1 AX86S and flat mate has AX86U but I don't know if one is capable of bridge mode and other getting public IP and doing DHCP and the other things. That's my another idea. I tried reading in threads/asus website. It seems that only media bridge information is available.

Taking a look quickly. The ISP router is not capable of bridge mode. In their website, they advise that the router doing the DHCP etc and just switch off wifi. And this is the guide for port forwarding if client has static IP Hyperoptic support

Currently no blocked inbounds on Skynet. Just blocked outbounds from 1 device. This flat/apartment is quite dense, and I can see many others Hyperoptic SSID.

It seems that only media bridge information is available.

Media Bridge is unrelated. This is how Wireless Bridge is called in Asuswrt - Wi-Fi to wired bridge. Media Bridge does not serve wireless clients. A more capable Wi-Fi adapter.

Ah gotcha! So I can setup my AX86S in that mode. With the AX86S getting 100x IP, how will AX86U in router mode getting the public address please?

Ah gotcha! So I can setup my AX86S in that mode.

No, you can't. You have to use it in Router mode. Media Bridge is to host router, not to your ISP. This is why it's unrelated. Don't confuse modem bridge mode and router media/wireless bridge.

No, you can't. You have to use it in Router mode. Media Bridge is to host router, not to your ISP. This is why it's unrelated. Don't confuse modem bridge mode and router media/wireless bridge.
Right sorry got a bit confused/excited. I was using Huawei HG612 before with RJ11 socket. Hyperoptic socket is RJ45. Is there any way I can utilise AX86S as bridge to make the AX86U operating with public IP?

If both of you share this same ISP line in CG-NAT, there is nothing you guys can fix on your end.

Yeah we do. I thought having a modem/bridge connected to Hyperoptic socket, and Asus router getting the public address was the solution, because WAN IP is 100x but checking browserleaks I do see public IP address.

I can't remember who is against ipv6 and for ipv6 - but maybe time to consider it o_O:eek:

You see the public IP of your ISP.

Me, but only if you don't need it. It may be an option for you though.
Haha thanks Tech9. If I have the option of having bridge for the ethernet socket, and Asus router getting public IP that is what I would do. I'll have a read on ipv6 and how to implement it. Enjoying this 500Mbps speed tho!

Thanks again!

I did not understand exactly what your plan is, but thanks for the thanks. :)
Sorry I thought the goal is to replace this WAN IP address to public IP address. By having bridge connected to the socket for instance, and passing the public IP to Asus so that it can function normally and have everything - at least work. Skynet is not working for me atm so will uninstall for now.

WAN.jpeg