What's new

Skynet Skynet Installed - Noob question for blocking ranges, apologies!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NetworkNoobUK

New Around Here
So I've installed Skynet all fine, I get to the stage where I can block an IP range but it keeps saying I have entered an invalid range. How do I need to format the range if I wanted to block the whole range of 15.236.74.x for example.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as "15.236.74.0-15.236.74.255" as that keeps coming back invalid.

I know it's super basic guys, genuine apologies. I'm rubbish with networking, just trying to block connections to a laggy game server that's all :(

Last edited:
So I've installed Skynet all fine, I get to the stage where I can block an IP range but it keeps saying I have entered an invalid range. How do I need to format the range if I wanted to block the whole range of 15.236.74.x for example.

I'm guessing it's not as simple as "15.236.74.0-15.236.74.255" as that keeps coming back invalid.

I know it's super basic guys, genuine apologies. I'm rubbish with networking, just trying to block connections to a laggy game server that's all :(

Your getting delay on the Paris servers on Fifa i take it.

Skynet 2.Ban......2.Range.
15.236.74.0/24
fifa

But in settings you have to disable CDN whitelisting as those are AWS servers.
Why ea used AWS i will never know.
They are horrendous.

Your getting delay on the Paris servers on Fifa i take it.

Skynet 2.Ban......2.Range.
15.236.74.0/24
fifa

But in settings you have to disable CDN whitelisting as those are AWS servers.
Why ea used AWS i will never know.
They are horrendous.
Do you know by any chance how to configure rules for PES (pro evolution soccer) then? Or where can I find information what servers and IPs they use? Thanksss :)

Do you know by any chance how to configure rules for PES (pro evolution soccer) then? Or where can I find information what servers and IPs they use? Thanksss :)

You need to check the connections log mid game...half time for example.
They may use variable ips though.
When you fire up the game or when they run a connection test try looking at your connections log then.
See how many UDP connections start up.

Use iplocation.net.
Also have pingplotter handy to double check the latency matches their location (rough guide)
If it says ireland and you are int he uk but has ping of 100 ms ofr exampleyou know iplocation isnt updated

I am just curious as to know which Routers work with skynet? Could someone plz list them for me? Cheers and Merry Christmas

I remember the good old days when Net15 meant HP...now broken up and sold for parts...
I mean, UPS has (had?) an entire /8. Let My IPv4 Ranges Go!

I am just curious as to know which Routers work with skynet? Could someone plz list them for me? Cheers and Merry Christmas

I think it works on all the ones supported by AsusWrt-Merlin firmware. Do a search and check out the release notes.