What's new

Skynet Skynet Not Starting with IPTables Rules Failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I happen to be configuring a new AX86U and notice that amtm says skynet [now?] requires a 2GB minimum swap file. My 88U install has a 1GB swap file from several years ago, FWIW.
This has been the case for a LONG time (not sure of what version originally specified the requirement).

Not seeing that, but, I see a syslog message:

Error locking: /var/lock//usr/networkmap/[several files].js.lock

I have no such directory for lock files
That's interesting as I see an empty (0 bytes) lock file named /var/lock/networkmap.lock on my router.

I happen to be configuring a new AX86U and notice that amtm says skynet [now?] requires a 2GB minimum swap file. My 88U install has a 1GB swap file from several years ago, FWIW.

This has been the case for a LONG time (not sure of what version originally specified the requirement).

Swap files were required due to a bug/hardware limitation years ago where if you backgrounded too many tasks you would get cannot fork() errors that would essentially take out dnsmasq until you rebooted. Probably not necessary anymore but at the time a 2GB swap file would eliminate these errors on most models.

I can see this and other backwards support getting trimmed in the future as more models become EOL and the focus is on newer Wifi 6/7 platforms.

Invalid packet logging should also be fixed as of v7.5.5

Swap files were required due to a bug/hardware limitation years ago where if you backgrounded too many tasks you would get cannot fork() errors that would essentially take out dnsmasq until you rebooted. Probably not necessary anymore but at the time a 2GB swap file would eliminate these errors on most models.

I can see this and other backwards support getting trimmed in the future as more models become EOL and the focus is on newer Wifi 6/7 platforms.

Invalid packet logging should also be fixed as of v7.5.5
Thanks @Adamm @dave14305, did the update this morning and re-enabled logging of Invalid Packets and all is working again
Thanks for the replies, advice to all on here

Yes, thanks for the patch. I'm retiring the AC88U for the AX86U Pro.

Next step is to research how to migrate Diversion and Skynet configs and white/blacklists to the new router.

Yes, thanks for the patch. I'm retiring the AC88U for the AX86U Pro.

Next step is to research how to migrate Diversion and Skynet configs and white/blacklists to the new router.
My suggestion is that you do a clean installation of both since Diversion v5.0 was a complete re-write. My experience so far is that that even the large oisd blocklist in Diversion v5.0 combined with the default Skynet blocklist results in zero need to whitelist anything. MUCH better than Diversion v4.x.

Its more skynet. I have most of the world banned, with specific IPs whitelisted over time as I've needed them

Its more skynet. I have most of the world banned, with specific IPs whitelisted over time as I've needed them
Copy the whitelist files for both Skynet and Diversion that you currently have, and manually add the entries. It will cause you less headaches in the longrun.