What's new

Skynet Skynet - Simple way to ban all countries?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Could this impact torrenting?

Adding to this list. I keep this list in a Notepad++ list, just copy/paste anytime I refresh Skynet or wipe my router for a clean install.
ae af az bg bh br by cd cn cu ee eg et ge hk il iq ir it kd kp kw ky kz la lb lr ly md mx ng ni nl om pk ps qa ru rw sa sb sc sd so ss su sy tm tr tw ua ug uz ve vn ye zw

sh /jffs/scripts/firewall ban country "ru cn kp ir iq sa ae pk af az ba bg hr cu cz eg ee ge va hu id in il kz kw kg lv md om qa ro rs sk si sy tr ua uz"

@Adamm Here is what is happening to me...I'm trying to block most countries except for a handful. I tried adding the bans through amtm/skynet and after one line of countries the rest just don't show. So, then I used the command prompt way and it shows all the countries until it opens skynet and then only one line of countries make it into the ban. From what I can tell, either Skynet doesn't have line/word wrap turned on or Skynet has a limit of how many you can enter. Any insight into this or can the person that oversees this application take a look?

Last edited:
Here is what is happening to me...I'm trying to block most countries except for a handful. I tried adding the bans through amtm/skynet and after one line of countries the rest just don't show. So, then I used the command prompt way and it shows all the countries until it opens skynet and then only one line of countries make it into the ban. From what I can tell, either Skynet doesn't have line/word wrap turned on or Skynet has a limit of how many you can enter. Any insight into this or can the person that oversees this application take a look?
38496 IPs (+0) -- 86616 Ranges Banned (+0) || 12260 Inbound -- 28 Outbound Connections Blocked!

One way you can tell if country IP ranges are being banned is by starting with a shorter list and see on the skynet UI how many "Ranges [are] Banned".

At the point which word wrap fails note the [number of] Ranges Banned. Extend your list beyond what you can see (since word wrap seems to fail to display the entire list).

I think you will see that the [number of] Ranges Banned continues to increase in the Skynet UI as you increase the size of your country banned list even though you can't see that as confirmation directly on the Skynet script.

Last edited:
@Adamm Here is what is happening to me...I'm trying to block most countries except for a handful. I tried adding the bans through amtm/skynet and after one line of countries the rest just don't show. So, then I used the command prompt way and it shows all the countries until it opens skynet and then only one line of countries make it into the ban. From what I can tell, either Skynet doesn't have line/word wrap turned on or Skynet has a limit of how many you can enter. Any insight into this or can the person that oversees this application take a look?
@rwheaton1 ... You can look at this file to see what countries Skynet is blocking...

/tmp/mnt/<drive name>/skynet/skynet.cfg

Feature request for @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow & @Adamm ... it would be a nice feature to have an option to block all countries, except for these-type-of-list. Then you would just notate the whitelisted countries instead of having to find country codes for the dozens of countries you want to block. :)

If the country list is above 246 characters - including spaces - Skynet will call it simply "Multiple Countries".
Line 3346 in firewall:
Code:
if [ "${#3}" -gt "246" ]; then countrylist="Multiple Countries"; else countrylist="$countrylinklist"; fi

If the country list is above 246 characters - including spaces - Skynet will call it simply "Multiple Countries".
Line 3346 in firewall:
Code:
if [ "${#3}" -gt "246" ]; then countrylist="Multiple Countries"; else countrylist="$countrylinklist"; fi
Nice find!! ;)

Feature request for @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow & @Adamm ... it would be a nice feature to have an option to block all countries, except for these-type-of-list. Then you would just notate the whitelisted countries instead of having to find country codes for the dozens of countries you want to block. :)
The exception list would be tricky so that all Addons and Entware download sites still work.
I would like to point out that the TLD ch is my enthusiastically loved Chuchichäschtli and chocolate heaven Switzerland. Confoederatio Helvetica is our official Latin name, hence the ch.

Chinas TLD is cn.

The exception list would be tricky so that all Addons and Entware download sites still work.
I would like to point out that the TLD ch is my enthusiastically loved Chuchichäschtli and chocolate heaven Switzerland. Confoederatio Helvetica is our official Latin name, hence the ch.

Chinas TLD is cn.
mmmmmmmmmm.....Chocolate...yummmm :)

Entware needs more CDNs! :)

Chinas TLD is cn.

Sounds like something a phisher would say to encourage us to keep traffic flowing to/from ch! :p

@rwheaton1 ... You can look at this file to see what countries Skynet is blocking...

Line 3346 in firewall:
Code:
Nice find!! ;)

Chinas TLD is cn.
We need a randomized way of country blocking as well.... True to the spirit of "skynet"

Code:
if [ "${#3}" -gt "246" ]; then countrylist="Multiple Countries"; elif [ "${3}" = "hinez57" ]; then countrylist="Completely Randomized"; else countrylist="$countrylinklist"; fi

OK...I checked the config file after reapplying the countries I wanted blocked and it now says multiple countries instead of each individual country. So, I am assuming it took all my countries.

Polite chinglish:
Translate Fck you! to Simplified chinese: 操你妈!
Translate 操你妈!back to english: I don't care about you!
LOL....tooo funny you two!!

OK...I checked the config file after reapplying the countries I wanted blocked and it now says multiple countries instead of each individual country. So, I am assuming it took all my countries.
That appears to be the case, I have not checked where Skynet stores the banned country TLDs in such cases but I'm sure it's saved somewhere.