What's new

slow dhcp

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Giel538

New Around Here
Hi.

Since i have my RT-AC86U router i have problems with my 2 windows laptops. One is connected with lan cable and the other one with wifi. The one with the lan cable has the biggest problems, it takes sometimes up to 5 minutes before i receive a ip adress. Because i flashed the merlin firmware directly on my new router I'm not sure if it is merlin related or not.

I tried a few things to find the problem:
The ipconfig /release and renew gave me this:

An error occurred while releasing interface Ethernet : An address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint.

An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet : The name specified in the network control block (NCB) is in use on a remote adapter.
The NCB is the data.

The windows trouble shouters comes with this message: Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

I made also a log with wireshark. This is more or less repeating its self until it gets an ip address.

Capture1.JPG

My router ip is 192.168.1.1 and my laptop is 192.168.1.71. They are connected trough each other with an switch which has 192.168.1.12

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 135
Power down your entire network and physically remove power cables, USB cables, LAN cables and any other connection you can and leave it like that for 10 minutes or so (this is including the modem/ONT and the router and switches too).

If it was a static build-up, this should resolve your issues. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!