What's new

Unbound slow internet navigation after stopping

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mikii

Regular Contributor
Hi. If I stop unbound, my internet connection gets very slow/messy (website stop loading or take a very long time) upon restarting unbound, everything gets back to normal. I tied rebooting both the router and the computer and it does not help.

Do you have any suggestion? is there any configuration options I should check?

Thank you.

Hi. If I stop unbound, my internet connection gets very slow/messy (website stop loading or take a very long time) upon restarting unbound, everything gets back to normal. I tied rebooting both the router and the computer and it does not help.

Do you have any suggestion? is there any configuration options I should check?

Thank you.
Try manually bouncing dnsmasq
Code:
service restart_dnsmasq
then use dig or any of the other dnsmasq debugging methods to identify the problem with the troublesome website.

Hi Martineau, thank you for your reply.
I am afraid I am not an expert at all, but, after stopping unbound:
dig works from the router but it times out from the computer.
Code:
service restart_dnsmasq
did not help, nor did
Code:
dscacheutil -flushcache
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
on the computer (mac) side.

on the computer side, I have both router and DNS servers set to 192.168.1.1

evidently something gets disrupted between the computer and the router. I'll try and investigate a further.

PS: incidentally: How do I switch into unbound advanced from the unbound manager menu?

entering E:Option ==> advanced does not work (only "easy" does).

thank you.

PS: incidentally: How do I switch into unbound advanced from the unbound manager menu?

entering E:Option ==> advanced does not work (only "easy" does).
Most invoke unbound_manger in Advanced mode using the command line
NOTE: E:Option ==> advanced xxxx requires a unique 'password' to activate the mode.

Most invoke unbound_manger in Advanced mode using the command line

NOTE: E:Option ==> advanced xxxx requires a unique 'password' to activate the mode.
Could this be caused by the Entware updates a couple of weeks ago? and Could this be fixed by "stop" then uninstall "Y" (prompt to keep old setting??? Y/N) then reinstall?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!