What's new

Slow internet speed on HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w023dx model with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

esfu

Regular Contributor
I have a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w023dx model with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 with Windows 10 Pro with all latest updates installed.

I have noticed that I cannot get more than 150 Mbps to 180 Mbps on a 1 Gb internet using WiFi (or even with using an Ethernet cable through a docking station connected to the USB 3 or USB C ports).

This is puzzling me as it means that whether Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 is used for WiFi connection or docking station is used for wired Ethernet, the speeds do not increase.

When the internet speed is tested on another laptop, I get download speeds of around 650 Mbps on WiFi. I have an ASUS RT-AX92U router connected through wired Ethernet and whose firmware has inbuilt speedtest and it gives speed of 700 Mbps to 800 Mbps which means that internet speed from ISP is not a problem.

I thought it could be some software configuration problem but when I do the speedtest on HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w023dx using Windows Sandbox (meaning fresh and clean Windows installation) which is available in Windows 10 Pro, that too has same low speeds.

Any ideas on what could be causing this or if someone with similar experience sharing their views can help.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!