What's new

Slow speed of 1 device (PS5)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StefanMsk

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help me solve my issue. My Router: ASUS RT-AX86U, My Firmware: Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 beta2

I'm having the issue of having very slow speeds on my PS5 when gaming at night. I feel myself lagging while playing + friends even hear my voice lagging (robot voice). All my other devices work just fine. It's only my PS5 that's having these issues. When i do a speedtest, it ALWAYS shows me the same speed (7.2Mbps DOWN and 2.0Mbps UP). I've tried resetting the entire modem with different software versions and at first the speedtest of the PS show great results (200+ DOWN and 20+ UP) but after playing some while, it goes back to the same 7.2Mbps DOWN and 2.0Mbps UP, which made me think it had something to do with QOS. Tried disabling the function but without any result.

I'm no expert so i hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Could it be with the PS5, i don't know. I'm playing diablo 4 or some Dayz,, don't think they could overload a PS5's CPU
Can you check in the router the link connection rate when ps5 is on dashboard and after 20 minutes of playing Diablo 4?
My PS4 has a link of 325mb when sitting still in dashboard that drops to 180/210 when playing a game...
All my friends who used to play pvp online switched to LAN connection.

Can you check in the router the link connection rate when ps5 is on dashboard and after 20 minutes of playing Diablo 4?
My PS4 has a link of 325mb when sitting still in dashboard that drops to 180/210 when playing a game...
All my friends who used to play pvp online switched to LAN connection.
I've checked the connection rate of my ps5 when booted up and after playing 20-30min and it's the same. At this moment (8:30 evening) it's 8.6mbps DOWN and 9.2mbps UP. Yesterday during the day it was 324mbps DOWN and 28mbps UP. I just don't get it. Could it be my router not giving my ps5 more then this slow speed when other devices are connected and in use? Looks like it to me because yesterday i was home alone and the ps5 and my iphone where the only 2 devices using some internet..

I've checked the connection rate of my ps5 when booted up and after playing 20-30min and it's the same. At this moment (8:30 evening) it's 8.6mbps DOWN and 9.2mbps UP. Yesterday during the day it was 324mbps DOWN and 28mbps UP. I just don't get it. Could it be my router not giving my ps5 more then this slow speed when other devices are connected and in use? Looks like it to me because yesterday i was home alone and the ps5 and my iphone where the only 2 devices using some internet..
What other devices? Doing what?

What other devices? Doing what?
LG smart tv streaming some Disney or Netflix and some basic things like Whatsapp on my girlfriends Phone. Nothing real serious. Keep in mind my connection gives me a top speed of around 850mbps DOWN and 38mbps UP, tested trough the router itself and that's always this way. Never dropped below 800mbps EVER..

I'm starting to think there's something wrong with the PS5 because that's the only device affected by the slow speeds. Tried other Lan cable (Cat7) directly from the router and even tried with wifi. Always gives me the same slow speed.