What's new

Slow speed through wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

readywer

New Around Here
All in all i have a computer that i have installed truenas. If i copy a file over wired internet i get the full gigabit speed, but if i do it over wifi no matter how god my connection is i can't get more than 30mb/s.(normal downloads are sometimes 90mb/s so clearly it isn't a wifi speed problem) My router is an ASUS RT-AX56U and during it the utalization is low. I think the router which couses this problem but i don't know how to solve it.

Nothing to solve here. WiFi is inferior to wired connections for file transfers.

What client device are you using to test this with?

The RT-AX56U is not the most performant wireless router either. You may find that an RT-AX68U or the RT-AX86U will perform much, much better (but still not as well as a wired connection will).

Nothing to solve here. WiFi is inferior to wired connections for file transfers.

What client device are you using to test this with?

The RT-AX56U is not the most performant wireless router either. You may find that an RT-AX68U or the RT-AX86U will perform much, much better (but still not as well as a wired connection will).
A laptop with Intel Ax-200 wifi card (5700U 35W).
I know that wifi is always slower, but i should get the same speed to the local pc as to the broad internet am i right?
And i am getting 80-90MB/s during downloading a game and i expect similar for accessing the pc or at least 60MB/s

not likely and not necessarily for local, and it can depend on the server on the other end and the pipes they have for across the internet.
If you look at the nas tests on the main site, look at the difference in how which test gives which results. NASPT tests are usually more "real world" whatever that means.