What's new

Small Network Packet Loss

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I swapped the cable and ran pingplotter for 20 minutes and zero lost packets in the 20ish minutes I ran it. Granted it was after working hours. I will run it again during the day tomorrow.
I realized the cable I am using is easily 15 years old, likely older. Perhaps it's time I buy a fresh one if this magically solves some of my timeout issues.

If it really is a local cable issue ( or the router ) you may be able to replicate using iperf and a couple PCs through the router. That takes the isp and the internet out of it. Or a more direct measurement might be using ping plotter locally, if that is possible.

I swapped the cable and ran pingplotter for 20 minutes and zero lost packets in the 20ish minutes I ran it. Granted it was after working hours. I will run it again during the day tomorrow.
I realized the cable I am using is easily 15 years old, likely older. Perhaps it's time I buy a fresh one if this magically solves some of my timeout issues.
Glad to hear you've had some good early results. Hoping it stays that way.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!