What's new

smallest atom 330 board and case?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sigelang

New Around Here
Hi, I am interested in buying/building a couple of NAS'es based on 64 bit OS. I l already have those 19V/3A power supply (Sony laptop power supply) and 2.5 HDD's My wife don't want to have big stuff on my table so I am thinking of the smallest form factor available. It will run 24x7 so I want it small like the DS209 on the right of this screen.

I am thinking of running either Debian/Centos (to learn Linux )or even run Windows 7 x64(client/RDP to server is very fast), if linux is very complicated.

Thanks and I hope this is the right place for the questions on stuff like this.

Slang

Last edited:
Ts239

I want to build something like the QNAP TS-239, but can still be reduced further using 1.8" or 2.5" drives. Remove the 2nd drive slot since data is not critical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Happy Bison.

Actually I think I will try to familiar myself with Debian since Volker - Freenas Main developer will change the "OS" from BSD base to Linux. I think it is for performance.

Once they release the beta I will try it on my future mini-ITX mb. (Intel Atom)

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/Product/Barebones/NT330i/index.html#

http://www.gadgetfolder.com/foxconn-netbox-nt330i-nettop-with-atom-330-and-ion.html

No good for Raid or E-sata but for a single drive NAS the new cheap barebone Foxconn Netbox nT330i has caught my attention.But i'm going to wait for a few reviews before i invest in one as it's only been out for a couple of weeks and seems abit cheap for a Dual Atom with ION.

You can see from these pics it's tiny and looks smaller than a Acer Revo.

foxconn-netbox-nt330i-nettop-2.jpg
foxconn-netbox-nt330i-nettop-5.jpg

330i-Antenna02.jpg
330i-Antenna.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Happy Bison.

Actually I think I will try to familiar myself with Debian since Volker - Freenas Main developer will change the "OS" from BSD base to Linux. I think it is for performance.

Once they release the beta I will try it on my future mini-ITX mb. (Intel Atom)

I never tried Linux for NAS purposes. Maybe I should try it. If FreeBSD/FreeNAS gives me about 50-60MB/sec on writes, then what kind of difference Linux could give?
I honestly doubt it will be significantly higher, but there is only one way to find out..
Then there is no ZFS on Linux after all.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!