What's new

smart connect and roaming assist

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My Sonoff IoT devices keep losing connectivity to the main Router (RT-AC86U, had a RT-AC68U doing AiMesh but it was mostly powered off in the basement), not sure if it is related to roaming assistant but I've disabled it for now to see if these IoT smart (dumb) devices have disconnection problems again.

Later on, I found a new option in Wireless - Professional - 2.4GHz - Airtime Fairness
Research indicated that this new feature may have been the culprit! Just disable it and see.

NOTE: In the meantime, I am checking the 2.4G control channels again, it seems that some neighbours now have fancier Wireless Routers (given by ISPs) which may interfere with my channels.

Last edited:
My Sonoff IoT devices keep losing connectivity to the main Router (RT-AC86U, had a RT-AC68U doing AiMesh but it was mostly powered off in the basement), not sure if it is related to roaming assistant but I've disabled it for now to see if these IoT smart (dumb) devices have disconnection problems again.

Later on, I found a new option in Wireless - Professional - 2.4GHz - Airtime Fairness
Research indicated that this new feature may have been the culprit! Just disable it and see.

NOTE: In the meantime, I am checking the 2.4G control channels again, it seems that some neighbours now have fancier Wireless Routers (given by ISPs) which may interfere with my channels.

I suspect Airtime Fairness will being off will not help. If you main router can reach everywhere you need 2.4 Ghz, try turning 2.4 Ghz off on all your nodes or at least at ones close to the IOT having issues.

I suspect Airtime Fairness will being off will not help. If you main router can reach everywhere you need 2.4 Ghz, try turning 2.4 Ghz off on all your nodes or at least at ones close to the IOT having issues.

Thanks for pointing this out, brilliant. It definitely fell thru the cracks and I didn't even think that may be done.

And you are right, even with Airtime Fairness DISABLED, IoT (2.4GHz) devices still get disconnected (happened daily or at least once every 2 days in the past week).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!