What's new

Smart RG SR515AC Router: Port 80 redirects to router admin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FYI just saw this deal on slickdeal.net: $160 after coupon code, before tax.

I think I made a mistake, the router I had my eye on was the RT-AC88U which apparently is the AC3100 you mentioned!

ray, just to be clear, the RT-AC3100 is what I have now, but with a Gbps up/down ISP connection I'm looking to upgrade to the router you've linked to. ;)

The RT-AC3100 was great when I had a 300/300 connection, but it can't handle Gbps connections as effortlessly as I want it to. ;)

Understood, I guess the one I had my eye on is now superseded, glad you updated me !

I've pretty much exhausted the internet with my problem and I've found a lot of discussion with the same port 80 issue so I'm about to give up. Last night I tried enabling HTTP(S) WAN access, changed the port in the hopes that it will clear up port 80 and I couldn't get back into the router admin at all, had to do another reset. It has to be either a bug or a limitation of the router.

Understood, I guess the one I had my eye on is now superseded, glad you updated me !

I've pretty much exhausted the internet with my problem and I've found a lot of discussion with the same port 80 issue so I'm about to give up. Last night I tried enabling HTTP(S) WAN access, changed the port in the hopes that it will clear up port 80 and I couldn't get back into the router admin at all, had to do another reset. It has to be either a bug or a limitation of the router.

Of course! I thought I wasn't being clear in my posts. Glad to clear that up for you.

I can understand that on the one hand, it is frustrating to have these issues, but you should be satisfied knowing you did all you could to fix it first. :)

Reactions: ray

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!