What's new

Smartphone does not transit to better AiMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ubimo

Very Senior Member
Hello
My smartphones do not transit to a better AiMeshnode when I move around.
I see this in syslog:
Code:
Dec  7 15:01:15 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 8c:f5:xx:xx:xx:xx with transition target eth6 ssid 24:4b:xx:xx:xx:xx
Dec  7 15:01:16 bsd: bsd: STA:8c:f5:xx:xx:xx:xx no response
Dec  7 15:01:16 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 8c:f5:xx:xx:xx:xx with transition target eth6 ssid 24:4b:xx:xx:xx:xx
Dec  7 15:01:17 bsd: bsd: STA:8c:f5:xx:xx:xx:xx no response
Dec  7 15:44:01 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 52:da:xx:xx:xx:xx with transition target eth6 ssid 24:4b:xx:xx:xx:xx
Dec  7 15:44:02 bsd: bsd: STA:52:da:xx:xx:xx:xx no response
Dec  7 15:44:02 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to 52:da:xx:xx:xx:xx with transition target eth6 ssid 24:4b:xx:xx:xx:xx
Dec  7 15:44:03 bsd: bsd: STA:52:da:xx:xx:xx:xx no response
I think my router is trying to transit them, but the smartphone does not.
My setup: Main router AX88U, AiMeshnode AX86S, SmartConnect is on, 2,4GHz and 5Ghz, same SSID
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Which phone? How long are you waiting for them to switch? Are you using SmartConnect? How big is your home? How many nodes do you have? What other options and features do you have enabled on your network?

In the end:
Par for the course. Clients decide what to do. Not the router.

I don't know whether or not it's a confirmed fact or not, but I've read in this forum that iPhones are particularly sticky to an access point, not wanting to let go and switch to a stronger signal quickly.

Just one main router and one node.
I wait hours, but my phones, both Samsung Galaxies, won't switch to better.
Default network settings.
I thought, the router sends an act frame to the phone so the phone switches to better signal?
But the router says "no response" from the phone. Look at the syslog above.

Yes, as stated, routers can suggest... devices do what they want.

Try rebooting (not shut down and power up) your phones and see if this improves.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!