What's new

SNMP and Wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

awrightus

New Around Here
Running 386.7_2 on a RT-AX86S. I'm trying to figure out if I can monitor the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi interfaces via snmp. I walked the mib to look at all the different interfaces. Did a sanity check by just doing ifconfig -a in a shell. The only things that jump out at me are br1, which seems to correlate to my guest wifi network, and then wl0.1. Not sure if wl0.1 is the 2.4 or 5 Ghz interface, or neither. I would have thought there would be a clear interface for each of them. Any insight on this? Thanks.

nvram get wl_ifnames will show you the primary wireless interfaces. For your router I'd guess they're eth5 and eth6.

The wlx.y interfaces are guest WiFi networks.

Ah, you are right on eth5 and 6. For each of those, there's ethX, ethX.0, and ethX.501. Any idea what the breakdown is there? Thanks.

The interfaces with .501 and .502 suffixes are VLAN interfaces used by the first guest network on 2.4 and 5 GHz respectively. They're used by AiMesh to distribute the guest networks to AiMesh nodes.