What's new

[SOLVED] .gov blocked

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gar

Very Senior Member
Why would all .gov sites be blocked in my Asus 86u? Is there some global setting I screwed up? If I bypass the router all is well.

Edit: I'm guessing it's improved security in Merlin 384.9, will need to try going back to .8.

Last edited:
I played with DNS filtering and turned off Cleanbrowsing Security and the problem was gone. Tried Quad 9 and still OK. Put Cleanbrowsing back in and now it's OK. In other words, I have no idea what was wrong. Rebooted and still OK. Think I'll start drinking as a hobby.

I have seen the same thing this week using Quad9 as primary and CleanBrowsing as secondary DNS.

Suddenly UK banking sites, .gov.uk, SNB Forums and many other HTTPS sites all either unavailable or marked and blocked as malicious.

Changed DNS to DNS.Watch , anonymous and no filtering and everything is working again.

Quad1 gave me endless problems, Quad9 often gives strange results and CleanBrowsing is quite often crawling so slow that pages won't load.

I am beginning to doubt the supposed benefits of these services.

After installing 384.9 and doing a manual config the unit didn't reboot, it shut off, a known issue. I manually restarted OK but now wonder if some of the changes didn't take effect after that failed reboot attempt. After rebooting again successfully, power stayed on and actually rebooted, things worked correctly. A day passed before I noticed the .gov issue and did the changes and second reboot. Stayed with CleanBrowsing Security.

a troll has been reporting various valid sites, basically gaming the system, just like how they linked google image search for idiot to trump.

a troll has been reporting various valid sites, basically gaming the system, just like how they linked google image search for idiot to trump.
I don't have any idea what you mean here. Feel like I missed something.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!