What's new

[SOLVED] RT-AC68U HW:E1 FW 386.3_2 no wifi 5Ghz issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

autourdesam

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
My RT-AC68U in hw E1 with Merlin fw 386.3_2 can't have Wifi 5Ghz enable even if in Wifi /professional section it is enable ... For 2.4Ghz I can enable and disable it , but not for 5Ghz band ...
Because I read many threads , I tried to choose channel 36,40,44 instead of auto mode but doesn't work . I try to use 40Mhz or 20 Mhz bandwidth too instead of default setting 20/40/80 does not change anything too ...
Some suggestion/help will be appreciate .

Many thanks

Backup your current configuration and then do a factory reset to see if the 5Ghz comes back. You can then restore from your backup if necessary.

Please note that same router with HWA2 works fine .

Please note that pop up on the Wifi icon in web ui show channel 0 even if I choose a different channel
Please note that in E1 Professional section there is no Modulation Scheme option , instead of this possibility in A2 section .
Many thanks

Channel 0 usually indicates a hardware failure. Unplug the power connector from the router, wait 60 seconds and then turn it back on.
Well done :) !!! That solve my issue !!! Incredible !!! Many thanks !
Please note that this time the section Modulation Scheme option appears :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!