What's new

Solved Wifi Upload not limited by QoS on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anybody confirmed it actually works?

Due to being away from home for a period, I've not reverted to the stock beta to test this fix out (currently on Merlin). I was hoping to get some clarification to @arthurlien , from an 86U standpoint at least.

Has anybody tried the wifi upload in QoS to see how this plays out?

@RMerlin - I'm green and unlearned in the release of this kind of feature, but I assume that there needs to be a specific release of a new firmware base from ASUS that contains this fix, which you then feed into the merlin code?

@arthurlien - Are you waiting on confirmation from users that this is a fix before rolling it into the next release, or is this now in the pipe for deployment?

Appreciate the product support and feedback loop across the board around here. Great community.

Due to being away from home for a period, I've not reverted to the stock beta to test this fix out (currently on Merlin). I was hoping to get some clarification to @arthurlien , from an 86U standpoint at least.

Has anybody tried the wifi upload in QoS to see how this plays out?

@RMerlin - I'm green and unlearned in the release of this kind of feature, but I assume that there needs to be a specific release of a new firmware base from ASUS that contains this fix, which you then feed into the merlin code?

@arthurlien - Are you waiting on confirmation from users that this is a fix before rolling it into the next release, or is this now in the pipe for deployment?

Appreciate the product support and feedback loop across the board around here. Great community.

Any official release(Not Beta) will be take couple of weeks for test by qualification team. So, i can't provide/guarantee the release schedule.

Any official release(Not Beta) will be take couple of weeks for test by qualification team. So, i can't provide/guarantee the release schedule.
Thanks for the swift response Arthur.

While accepting that you cannot confirm a release schedule, is this feature something that you are waiting on feedback from the community on, or is it something that you will be actively including in the next release (whenever that may be)?

They need to release the source code. A firmware image is of no use to me.

Has anybody confirmed it actually works?

Based on some very quick tests I ran on build 32797; this fix is only working for IPv4, not IPv6.

Would be great if someone can confirm.

Based on some very quick tests I ran on build 32797; this fix is only working for IPv4, not IPv6.

Would be great if someone can confirm.

Thanks Jay

For some reason a number of these comments never pinged my email but for some reason one of the comments randomly popped up.

Just tested and IPv4 mobile is being detected and properly throttled when a limit is set. @arthurlien I can't thank you enough. This is a huuuuge win and just to touch on IPv6, that was never in my original bug report and I haven't got the means to test it, so even though it's still somewhat an issue, this is amazing and a great show of persistence.

Thank you so much :clapping:. Sure I can change the topic to '[Solved]' unless we keep that for when this makes it into an official release?

It works! Official version and all. Cheers chaps!

I agree, it's great to have this fix for IPv4, but it would be great if the Asus rep could also confirm IPv6 is being looked at, as well.

Issue is NOT fixed if using VPN client and WiFi device.

qos upload limiter not working.

issue only fixed when not using VPN client and using WiFi.

@RMerlin - who do I flag this with?

I also posted a thread today not knowing this existed and had been fixed only when not using VPN client in merlin:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/upload-bandwidth-limiter-broken-why.63147

Nobody, as I'm not aware of any Asus employees actively posting here at the moment. Use the Feedback form on the router's webui.

Nobody, as I'm not aware of any Asus employees actively posting here at the moment. Use the Feedback form on the router's webui.

that seems unlikely to get a response.

how do you fag issues to them?

i dont understand why they also didn’t fix upload bandwidth limiter on VPN client as well as without when bringing out the original fix?

makes no sense?

that seems unlikely to get a response.

You'd be surprised. First of all, their engineering team actually gets those messages, unlike for instance support tickets that may or may not be escalated.

You'd be surprised. First of all, their engineering team actually gets those messages, unlike for instance support tickets that may or may not be escalated.
Where exactly is this feedback form within router ui?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!