What's new

Some traffic being blocked - need help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jappish84

Regular Contributor
I´ve been having this issue for a while and finally decided to reset the router to factory defaults to try and resolve the issue, but not even that helped, can someone help me figure out what´s going on?

A while back I started having issues with no being able to reach my IPTV provider from a couple of different devices. At first I thought that my ISP was blocking the connection since I could reach the service using VPN and cellular data, so I plugged a pc straight to the modem and did some testing and noticed that my ISP was not blocking anything, this led me to believe that I somehow messed something up with my pihole setup, so I disabled that and reverted back to using the default DNS, when that didn't work, I tried using alternative DNSs like google and Cloudflare, nothing worked, except when I was either on VPN or plugged straight in to the modem.

So that's why I tried resetting the router to defaults using the physical button, the software menu and using the 'nvram erase' command over SSH, but I now notice that doesn't work either, I tried reverting to an older FW (I'm running 384.13_10 btw on a RT-AC3200, and tried 384.13_8 with erasing NVRAM inbetween)

I'm not sure wether this is a DNS related issue or not, when using 'tracert ##DESTINATION##' with VPN and through the modem directly the trace completes using 12 hops without any timeouts. When going through the router directly, the trace either just spits out timeouts after the first trace (router) or sometimes goes some of the ISPs servers before spitting out timeouts....

I'd be really thankful if anyone has any idea what else I could try to get this to work.

Thanks

Do you have another spare/backup router that you can try to make sure that problem is with your router (or not)?

Since my initial post I've hooked up a spare asus router (reset to factory defaults) to my modem and didn't have any issues accessing these services using that router, so it's definetly something with my main router, just can't seem to find the issue. I have even tried using DMZ on a client to see if I could reach the iptv service, but still didn't work with the main router.

Still struggling to find what's causing this behavior

Dont know about RT-AC3200, but AX86U has a IPTV tab under LAN to configure IPTV settings.

Last edited:
The 3200 also has this feature, but this seems to be for some iptv providers only and is not used for my providers.

I actually tried specifying a spoofed router MAC address and that seems to make the service accessible again, for a little while at least before I loose access again. A new spoofed address reenables access which leads me to think that the provider is blocking the router, and not the other way around.