What's new

Something to use in place of an Amplifi Mesh Point?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboynm

Regular Contributor
I was all set to get an Amplifi Mesh Point and went onto Amazon.com to get one today when I found it is out of stock and the delivery date is 3 to 6 months. I cannot wait that long. Newegg.com didn't have it in stock either. I do not want to use an Asus product. This needs to work with an Orbi system. What would you recommend in place of the Mesh Point. The Orbi satellite add-on is a bit more pricey than I want to spend if at all possible.

What do mean "work with an Orbi system". Only Orbi Satellites will connect to Orbi routers. There is no interoperability among mesh systems at this point.

I was under the impression that you could use one of those to act with another router system such as the Orbi. Glad I couldn't find it then. :)

If you're having performance problems with the Orbi, then likely the Satellite is poorly located...

No, it was just a very large property.

BTW, I was able to get a Amplifi Mesh Point HD and added it as a network extender on 2 different Orbi systems. It actually was straight forward and easy to do.