What's new

Sometimes I don't understand me.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
I don't understand why I've bought NVMe Enclosures(ROG ARION). Some of them are connected to XSXs. But some of enclosures are still in the boxes. I used one under 10 times for PCs, Laptops, Phones maybe? For copying C drives and testing. Do you guys really use NVMe Enclosure many times?

They make quick work of those pesky tasks.

I use mine a few times a year ATM. Some people leave them hooked up to their machines or router 24/7.

I also have 5GE networking in place which is 1/2 as fast as the drive but, it's hooked up directly to my NAS drives which run cooler in a full PC case. Running them in R10 though I get over 400MB/s from them over Ethernet.

The enclosure though is nice when you want to take it with you or use it on something outside the house. For the phone I tend to just use my SD Extreme drive which also does ~350MB/s and is the size of the NVME w/o the enclosure. It just depends on what is needed at the time. The enclosure works best for making clone backups or restoring from it.

I've been eyeing up TB4 / USB4 / USB20 options though since upgrading to a laptop with a TB4 on it. I'm leaning more towards the USB20 though for ~$50 since none of the enclosures are using actual TB4 controllers on them and are relying on JHL7440 / JMS for USB. JHL8440 should be taking over both of those functions though when they actually hit the market. Seems they've been slow to roll out as they're only found on one mythical gigadrive that still isn't shipping.

They make quick work of those pesky tasks.

I use mine a few times a year ATM. Some people leave them hooked up to their machines or router 24/7.

I also have 5GE networking in place which is 1/2 as fast as the drive but, it's hooked up directly to my NAS drives which run cooler in a full PC case. Running them in R10 though I get over 400MB/s from them over Ethernet.

The enclosure though is nice when you want to take it with you or use it on something outside the house. For the phone I tend to just use my SD Extreme drive which also does ~350MB/s and is the size of the NVME w/o the enclosure. It just depends on what is needed at the time. The enclosure works best for making clone backups or restoring from it.

I've been eyeing up TB4 / USB4 / USB20 options though since upgrading to a laptop with a TB4 on it. I'm leaning more towards the USB20 though for ~$50 since none of the enclosures are using actual TB4 controllers on them and are relying on JHL7440 / JMS for USB. JHL8440 should be taking over both of those functions though when they actually hit the market. Seems they've been slow to roll out as they're only found on one mythical gigadrive that still isn't shipping.
I use 10GB networking. I don't feel any difference because I don't copy or move files that much. I have 20G USB(USB 3.2), TB4, 10GB networking but I don't use them at all except 10GB networking. The only one benefit for me is moving file between NASs and Devices. I'm not using NAS that much these days though. I think I'm wasting something.

Besides the cool lights, are you liking your new enclosures? I have friends/colleagues that use those NVMe type drives, instead of the usb drives of yester-year.

If what you want to buy a car and it doesn't offer that special customizing option, then there is always Car Lights :eek:

Besides the cool lights, are you liking your new enclosures? I have friends/colleagues that use those NVMe type drives, instead of the usb drives of yester-year.

If what you want to buy a car and it doesn't offer that special customizing option, then there is always Car Lights :eek:
I like it's design except RGB. But it's not that small and light. I need to carry USB cable tooo_O. I prefer USB Flash drives.

then there is always Car Lights

My current car is like a Disco club. Customizable accent lights, the disco ball only is missing. Coming with the next model, I guess. It's astonishing how much time was wasted in engineering of something I have disabled on day one. And how is my phone a distraction when I have a fricking 22" long display in front of me showing 5 times more distractive information!?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!