What's new

spdmerlin result URL is not working

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

del13r

Occasional Visitor
I have just fresh installed 4.4.4 and by default it is set to built-in speedtest binary.

When the test is done, it looks like this:

1649033553623.png


My point being is that a result URL is not being correctly provided or recorded.
 
RT-AC68U with 386.5_2

Code:
9.    Toggle between built-in Ookla speedtest and speedtest-cli
      Currently: external will be used for speedtests

I just changed it to external, and this is what i got

Code:
Choose an interface to speedtest:

1.    All
2.    WAN

Choose an option:  2

What mode would you like to use?

1.    Auto-select
2.    Preferred server
3.    Choose a server

Choose an option:  1

Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface

Error running speedtest for WAN

Retrieving data for WebUI charts


Press enter to continue...

When I change back to internal, it works but no results url

Code:
Choose an interface to speedtest:

1.    All
2.    WAN

Choose an option:  2

What mode would you like to use?

1.    Auto-select
2.    Preferred server
3.    Choose a server

Choose an option:  1

Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface

     Server: Swoop Broadband - Melbourne (id = 13057)
        ISP: Spin Internet Service
    Latency:    17.52 ms   (1.05 ms jitter)
   Download:    95.29 Mbps (data used: 115.8 MB)
     Upload:    19.06 Mbps (data used: 23.4 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/

Speedtest results - Download: 95.29 Mbps (data used: 115.8 MB) - Upload: 19.06 Mbps (data used: 23.4 MB)

Connection quality - Latency: 17.52 ms (1.05 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

Retrieving data for WebUI charts
 
Here is the Syslog at the same time too

Code:
Apr  5 11:32:22 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: speedtest/19762: potentially unexpected fatal signal 4.
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Pid: 19762, comm:            speedtest
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: CPU: 0    Tainted: P             (2.6.36.4brcmarm #1)
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: PC is at 0x91938
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: LR is at 0x8eafc
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: pc : [<00091938>]    lr : [<0008eafc>]    psr: 60000010
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: sp : befa60c8  ip : 0000006e  fp : befa610c
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r10: befa6440  r9 : befa64e8  r8 : 00242dec
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r7 : befa6a68  r6 : 0023bac0  r5 : 00000000  r4 : befa69f8
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r3 : 001eed00  r2 : 001eecf8  r1 : 001eed0c  r0 : 0000000f
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Flags: nZCv  IRQs on  FIQs on  Mode USER_32  ISA ARM  Segment user
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Control: 10c53c7d  Table: 9883804a  DAC: 00000015
Apr  5 11:32:24 spdMerlin: Error running speedtest for WAN
 
Here is the Syslog at the same time too

Code:
Apr  5 11:32:22 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: speedtest/19762: potentially unexpected fatal signal 4.
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Pid: 19762, comm:            speedtest
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: CPU: 0    Tainted: P             (2.6.36.4brcmarm #1)
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: PC is at 0x91938
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: LR is at 0x8eafc
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: pc : [<00091938>]    lr : [<0008eafc>]    psr: 60000010
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: sp : befa60c8  ip : 0000006e  fp : befa610c
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r10: befa6440  r9 : befa64e8  r8 : 00242dec
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r7 : befa6a68  r6 : 0023bac0  r5 : 00000000  r4 : befa69f8
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: r3 : 001eed00  r2 : 001eecf8  r1 : 001eed0c  r0 : 0000000f
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Flags: nZCv  IRQs on  FIQs on  Mode USER_32  ISA ARM  Segment user
Apr  5 11:32:23 kernel: Control: 10c53c7d  Table: 9883804a  DAC: 00000015
Apr  5 11:32:24 spdMerlin: Error running speedtest for WAN
Was this for external?
 
RT-AC68U with 386.5_2

Code:
9.    Toggle between built-in Ookla speedtest and speedtest-cli
      Currently: external will be used for speedtests

I just changed it to external, and this is what i got

Code:
Choose an interface to speedtest:

1.    All
2.    WAN

Choose an option:  2

What mode would you like to use?

1.    Auto-select
2.    Preferred server
3.    Choose a server

Choose an option:  1

Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface

Error running speedtest for WAN

Retrieving data for WebUI charts


Press enter to continue...

When I change back to internal, it works but no results url

Code:
Choose an interface to speedtest:

1.    All
2.    WAN

Choose an option:  2

What mode would you like to use?

1.    Auto-select
2.    Preferred server
3.    Choose a server

Choose an option:  1

Starting speedtest using auto-selected server for WAN interface

     Server: Swoop Broadband - Melbourne (id = 13057)
        ISP: Spin Internet Service
    Latency:    17.52 ms   (1.05 ms jitter)
   Download:    95.29 Mbps (data used: 115.8 MB)
     Upload:    19.06 Mbps (data used: 23.4 MB)
Packet Loss:     0.0%
Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/

Speedtest results - Download: 95.29 Mbps (data used: 115.8 MB) - Upload: 19.06 Mbps (data used: 23.4 MB)

Connection quality - Latency: 17.52 ms (1.05 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

Retrieving data for WebUI charts
Sounds like the built-in binary isn't returning a proper URL. I'll have to dust off a router a d upgrade it to 386.5
 
I made an interesting observation today.
I am now getting ResultURL's from yesterday afternoon onwards (GMT+10Hours)
spdMerlin is Currently set to internal

1649204464351.png
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top