What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - v4.x - speedtest and bandwidth monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The speetest results are shown in the system log, but not in the application charts or tables. spdMerlin is the latest version 4.4.4

Last edited:
Browser console logs would be useful please, but note I have no way of testing as I don't own an Asus router anymore

Hello Jack Yaz here the browser console log (Firefox):

Code:
Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite » 9
Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite » 2
Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite » 2
Cette page est en mode de compatibilité (quirks). La mise en page peut en être affectée. Pour le mode standard, utilisez « <!DOCTYPE html> ». 109 AddonRepository.jsm:96:12
update.locale file doesn't exist in either the application or GRE directories 2 UpdateUtils.jsm:141
    getLocale resource://gre/modules/UpdateUtils.jsm:141
    InterpretGeneratorResume self-hosted:1819
    AsyncFunctionThrow self-hosted:811
NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Ignore PDF.js for this download. PdfStreamConverter.jsm:1065
    getConvertedType resource://pdf.js/PdfStreamConverter.jsm:1065
AbortError: Actor 'Conduits' destroyed before query 'RuntimeMessage' was resolved 9 ConduitsParent.jsm:362
    _raceResponses resource://gre/modules/ConduitsParent.jsm:362
Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite » 3
Certains cookies utilisent incorrectement l’attribut recommandé « SameSite » 3
Missing resource in locale fr: devtools/client/toolbox.ftl
AbortError: Actor 'Conduits' destroyed before query 'RuntimeMessage' was resolved 4 ConduitsParent.jsm:362
    _raceResponses resource://gre/modules/ConduitsParent.jsm:362
AbortError: Actor 'Conduits' destroyed before query 'RuntimeMessage' was resolved ConduitsParent.jsm:362

Hope it helps.

I have no idea what to look for and not even sure if this is the info that you are looking for.
Looking in my log i can see the test itself is still goign every period set in the schedule.
Just the data is missing from the tables, doing "inspect" on the window where i would expect the data to be shown it shows
1668432650657.png

Doing a force refresh with console open it shows below in console.
1668432804462.png

I have no idea what to look for and not even sure if this is the info that you are looking for.
Looking in my log i can see the test itself is still goign every period set in the schedule.
Just the data is missing from the tables, doing "inspect" on the window where i would expect the data to be shown it shows
View attachment 45480

Doing a force refresh with console open it shows below in console.
View attachment 45481
Hm, looks like the AutoBW stuff isn't being output for some reason.
Can you try creating an empty file out of either

/jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/.autobwoutfile
/opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.autobwoutfile

and running spdmerlin CLI and check if the graphs now load?

Hm, looks like the AutoBW stuff isn't being output for some reason.
Can you try creating an empty file out of either

/jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/.autobwoutfile
/opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.autobwoutfile

and running spdmerlin CLI and check if the graphs now load?
I have created the file and console isnt shoiwng a error anymore, data still isnt loaded.
Looking a litle bit further as i know knew what file to look for i found the following.
1668586034756.png

So i manually created both files and rebooted the AX86U, upon reboot still no data and now other entrys show red.
1668586082100.png

Running a speedtest manually after this reboot creates 2 out of 3 values but it retains from missing the spd-stats.txt.
Created that file manually and re-run a manual speedtest but still no luck getting data to show.

Console output from a shift+F5
1668586343497.png

Edit: not sure where it stores the data but im thinking thats the lastx_WAN.csv ( i only run automated tests on my WAN), looking at that file it is 0 bytes.
Tried to open the file with CAT and with WinSCP but ofcourse there isnt any data to be shown.
1668586691056.png

Edit2: been testing abit more, havent touched any files but i managed to make it work.
I changed binary to External and it works again and shows that entry in the graph.
Setting it back to built-in it stops adding the data to the graphs.
1668596047578.png

Last edited:
Hi miniterror,

Just tested with External and it works on my AX58U.
Thank you

sounds like the path to the built-in speedtest has changed, or the command line switches i'm using aren't working anymore

sounds like the path to the built-in speedtest has changed, or the command line switches i'm using aren't working anymore
Is the path to the built-in speedtest written in one file or in multiple?
If its only one file, what file should i look at so i have some names i can check and where they are located now.

Edit: come to think of it, i dont think its the internal build that has gotten a new placement.
When set to the built-in a manual test succeeds, also in the "system log" page we can see that it runs at the scheduled times.
Its just that the data isnt loaded into the grpahs, so maybe the location where/how it wants to store the results has changed instead of the entire built-in function.
Below picture is from the built-in seelction, the URL it produces is a bit weird though.
1668677510595.png

Below what the system log page shows when set to debug/all view
Nov 17 10:32:35 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/service-event (args: start spdmerlinspdtest_user_WAN_) Nov 17 10:32:40 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using i3D.net (Rotterdam, Netherlands) for WAN interface Nov 17 10:32:40 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner] buildFlowKey,210: LAN flow is not supported: Rx 0, Tx 2^[[0m Nov 17 10:32:40 kernel: ERR: rdpa_if_to_rdd_bridge_port#235: Can't map rdpa_if 540046704 to rdd bridge port Nov 17 10:32:40 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner] buildFlowKey,210: LAN flow is not supported: Rx 0, Tx 2^[[0m Nov 17 10:32:51 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner] buildFlowKey,210: LAN flow is not supported: Rx 0, Tx 2^[[0m Nov 17 10:32:51 kernel: ^[[0;33;41m[ERROR pktrunner] buildFlowKey,210: LAN flow is not supported: Rx 0, Tx 2^[[0m Nov 17 10:33:02 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 1041.18 Mbps (data used: 1.3 GB) - Upload: 1039.76 Mbps (data used: 1.3 GB) Nov 17 10:33:02 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Idle Latency: 10.66 ms (jitter: 7.29ms, low: 8.19ms, high: 22.86ms) - Packet Loss: 0.0% Nov 17 10:33:02 spdMerlin: Retrieving data for WebUI charts

Last edited:
I upgraded my AX58U to 388.1 beta 1. spdmerlin is working but the charts and the table are not updated.
Same thing happened to me. Still not working.

Looking at this thread it appears that it hasn't been solved yet?

But when you set the Speedtest binary to use to "External", it works. It's a workaround.

But when you set the Speedtest binary to use to "External", it works. It's a workaround.
Doing this gave me less stable results though, i reverted back my enviroment too 386.7_2 and hope someone will takeover this project.

it has to be the command line switches. I got 388.1 loaded on at RT-AX88U, the binary location is still correct.

feel free to share with me what switches you use, and I can run some test to figure out a patch.

Code:
RT-AX88U-C7C0:/tmp/home/root# ls /usr/sbin/ookla
/usr/sbin/ookla

Here is where I have been looking at your code.

And here:

it has to be the command line switches. I got 388.1 loaded on at RT-AX88U, the binary location is still correct.

feel free to share with me what switches you use, and I can run some test to figure out a patch.

Code:
RT-AX88U-C7C0:/tmp/home/root# ls /usr/sbin/ookla
/usr/sbin/ookla

Here is where I have been looking at your code.

And here:

Yeah everything seems to work, you can also see in the logs that the test is actually running.
Seems to be something with the data collection/presentation that isnt working anymore.
Im just not skilled enough to figure out what it is

Yeah everything seems to work, you can also see in the logs that the test is actually running.
Seems to be something with the data collection/presentation that isnt working anymore.
Im just not skilled enough to figure out what it is
have you tried using option uf of the spdmerlin installer menu to see if it will replace any potentially corrupt files?

If someone wants to buy me an Asus router....I kid of course.

can someone run the speedtest binaries (without spdmerlin) and post a copy of the results output each cough out?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!