What's new

Speed between Router and Aimesh Node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Josu

New Around Here
Hello, i have main router AX88u and Aimesh node 82U, i am trying to get max speed between them without using ethernet cables, as to my node connected my NAS
At the moment if node is connected via wire i got full gigabit internet speed.
When i connected via wifi no my node and ethernet wire going out of my node to pc i got half of gigabit connection. Any chance to improve it without using ethernet wire?

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-10.05 sec 579 MBytes 484 Mbits/sec receiver
With ethernet twice faster

Maybe a tri band router combo would give more bandwidth. Dual band routers about half seems right

Hello, i have main router AX88u and Aimesh node 82U, i am trying to get max speed between them without using ethernet cables, as to my node connected my NAS
At the moment if node is connected via wire i got full gigabit internet speed.
When i connected via wifi no my node and ethernet wire going out of my node to pc i got half of gigabit connection. Any chance to improve it without using ethernet wire?

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate
[ 5] 0.00-10.05 sec 579 MBytes 484 Mbits/sec receiver
With ethernet twice faster

Ethernet is full-duplex. WiFi is half-duplex. Roughly speaking, if you can get your wireless backhaul physical link rate to be twice Gigabit Ethernet (2 Gbps), you might see similar transfer rates.

OE

@OzarkEdge is correct. Not only do you lose to half-duplex over Wi-Fi, but you also have additional overhead too vs. an Ethernet connection.

At what distances are your main router and AiMesh node at? What client device are you performing your transfer testing with? At what distance?

If you're within 20 or 30 feet of everything, walk over and simply plug into a LAN port instead. :)

@OzarkEdge is correct. Not only do you lose to half-duplex over Wi-Fi, but you also have additional overhead too vs. an Ethernet connection.

At what distances are your main router and AiMesh node at? What client device are you performing your transfer testing with? At what distance?

If you're within 20 or 30 feet of everything, walk over and simply plug into a LAN port instead. :)
My router is on 2nd floor and and node on 1st, so basically 1 wall to push through. I tested between my unraid server and my PC with iperf. I have cable running there, but i want to use it for 10gbp network, and i can't run second one for node, so this is why i am looking for wireless solution. Basically i need router and node fast enough to push 1gbps without ethernet cable. Any ideas which routers can do this?

A floor is not a wall, depending on what other ducts, airways, etc. it contains.

It is not (only) up to the router to do 1Gbps throughput, the Wi-Fi environment must also support this.

For your best bet, get two 4x4:4 AX class routers like the RT-AX88U or the RT-AX86U's to test with.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!