What's new

Sporadic crashes in GT-AX11000 with Merlin 386.3_2 and 386.4 (TrendMicro license as the cause)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Over 2 days of uptime again. After this protracted experiment I can conclude hat merely accepting TrendMicro license agreement causes the constant crashes logged above.
I am unsure it I should try the newly-released 386.4. Rolling back from it is apparently more involved and who knows what other issue sit may introduce.

Hi there, were you able to solve your problem? Looking at your logs, updates and doing tests on my own, I believe I may be experiencing the same with my AX86U. I did a clean reset, re-flash of latest fw (386.5) and even changed usb drive. Turned on features/services incrementally and narrowed it down to TrendMicro features (even only accepting the license without turning on TM services would cause the router to crash and restart).

I was on 386.4 and this wasn’t happening. I believe it started a few days after dirty flashing to 386.5 fw. Router would “restart” quickly (1-2mins only) in less than an hour or less.

Hi there, were you able to solve your problem? Looking at your logs, updates and doing tests on my own, I believe I may be experiencing the same with my AX86U. I did a clean reset, re-flash of latest fw (386.5) and even changed usb drive. Turned on features/services incrementally and narrowed it down to TrendMicro features (even only accepting the license without turning on TM services would cause the router to crash and restart).

I was on 386.4 and this wasn’t happening. I believe it started a few days after dirty flashing to 386.5 fw. Router would “restart” quickly (1-2mins only) in less than an hour or less.
No, I still struggle with this issue. I flushed the latest stock firmware and contacted Asus customer support. They are working on it - I had to submit the topology, send a few crush logs directly from the router, flushed with a beta version of the FW, which they provided, but the problem is still there.

No, I still struggle with this issue. I flushed the latest stock firmware and contacted Asus customer support. They are working on it - I had to submit the topology, send a few crush logs directly from the router, flushed with a beta version of the FW, which they provided, but the problem is still there.
Your "a" key seems to be broken. :D :)

Just to update you on mine…my router have been running perfect for close to 7 days uptime now. I basically just disabled all TrendMicro features and I had to withdraw from the TM eula as well. What’s weird is that I had them all enabled on 386.4 and I didn’t encounter this issue. It was only upon updating to 386.5. I see that there’s a new fw out and I might try that soon.

Just to update you on mine…my router have been running perfect for close to 7 days uptime now. I basically just disabled all TrendMicro features and I had to withdraw from the TM eula as well. What’s weird is that I had them all enabled on 386.4 and I didn’t encounter this issue. It was only upon updating to 386.5. I see that there’s a new fw out and I might try that soon.
Asus sent me another beta build a few days ago, which seems to have solved the crashes - I've been running it for over 4 days with all TrendMicro functions enabled.
If you want, you can contact ASUS support with your AX86U and mention that a related issue on GT-AX11000 is being worked on. You can PM me for my support case number in case support would need a cross-reference.

Over 16 days of uptime on the beta build with all TrendMicro functions enabled. Asus said they release FW updates quarterly unless there is an urgent patch, so it looks like will have to wait for the next regular FW release to see if whatever they fixed makes it there.

An update. I installed the official latest FW from Asus: 3.0.0.4.386_49599-g8352df7
The fix that they made in April seems to have been incorporated into the official release without any problems. the router has now been up for almost 10 days without any sporadic crashes. I'll wait abit more before trying Merlin FW to see if the fix propagated all the way.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!