What's new

SSID guest networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Skywalker

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Is it possible to use the same SSID for multiple guest networks? Just like I use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 Ghz network.

Hi,

Is it possible to use the same SSID for multiple guest networks? Just like I use the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 Ghz network.

No. Otherwise, the laptop would have no way to know to which network it should connect if you tell it "connect to myssid".

This is different with 2.4 GHz vs 5 GHz because both SSIDs sits on different channels.

More than 1 user on a guest account

Hi guys,

First post here, got my rt-n66u started yesterday.

When we are descended upon by a family kids, can they all use the same guest account (internet only) or do I need to set up one each?

Thanks

Bob.

Hi guys,

First post here, got my rt-n66u started yesterday.

When we are descended upon by a family kids, can they all use the same guest account (internet only) or do I need to set up one each?

Thanks

Bob.

One guest network can be used by as many persons as you wish. So typically, you only need one guest network.

Two might be useful if you want one guest for the kids (with access to a NAS), and one for visitors (with only Internet access), for example.

I tried this for my kids and found that you can't set up parental controls with the guest network. But then again, the parental controls don't even work on the proper network??:mad:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!