What's new

stand alone adsl2+ modem suggestion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

prometheus

Occasional Visitor
guys i am thinking of changing my internet service provider and am after suggestions of a stand alone modem so i can continue to use my linksys wrt320n router.

are there any really good quality stand alone modems out there :D

Best to check with your new ISP to see if they recommend or supply any.

but where is the fun in that, most stuff supplied by service prividers is cheap rubbish :D

i know i know i should really ask :rolleyes:
Depends on your provider. if you think about it, any modem they provide you, is gonna cost them money in calls and support if it sucks, so its not neecessarily true that it must suck.

I have a Thomson/Alcatel ST516 modem which is standard issue from my ISP, although I bought it second hand for about 15 bucks. Honestly I am shocked at how stable and rock solid this thing is.

A simple ADSL modem with ethernet output is very simple to do and really better than mixing modem and router. So I would give it more respect.

Also Draytek has their 100 and 120 Vigor modems, which are good and very stable. guideband.com if you live in the USA and SEG.co.uk if you live in the UK.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!