What's new

Statistics on 384.8_2 RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vikingsam

Occasional Visitor
Good evening experts! Since flashing to Merlin on my new RT-AC86U, statistics in traffic analyzer stopped working. Nothing there. I searched the forum but the solutions involved writing code and I'm just a consumer who's a fan of Merlin's work. So...is there a setting that will fix this?
Thanks in advance

Same issue here on an AC86U with 384.8_2. After upgrading a couple days ago no new data in the traffic analyzer. It still has all the data if I expand to weekly/monthly time frame but nothing for the last couple of days (see pic). This also coincided with me adding a few more static IP's to the DHCP server so I suppose that's a possibility. I tried turning Traffic Analyzer Off/On to no effect but now I'll try a reboot and update this thread if it solves.

2utiv5s.png

I have the exact same issue, and reboot does not help. I rebooted several times, powered off and on, still no luck.
Under Tools - Other settings: tried to select traffic log location to RAM (default) and back to USB disk, like it worked before. Selected "create or reset data files" - no luck.
I also have no data under QoS - Web History tab either... Tried switching it off and back on...

I'm using this 68U without these features working for a month now. However it worked perfectly until I upgraded to 384.8

Any ideas welcome :) Thanks!

Traffic Analyzer (powered by Trend Micro, stored in jffs) and Traffic Monitoring are two completely separate things. The settings under Tools -> Other Settings have no relation to Traffic Analyzer.

Traffic Analyzer (powered by Trend Micro, stored in jffs) and Traffic Monitoring are two completely separate things. The settings under Tools -> Other Settings have no relation to Traffic Analyzer.
How does one retain Traffic History(monitoring)? Below are the settings I have but when the router is rebooted it loses all the data or at least the display of that data of the daily/monthly usage. I'm trying to see what how much is being downloaded each month but as I noted, a reboot wipes it all out. I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

2019-01-16 14_56_40-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Daily.jpg 2019-01-16 14_53_44-ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U - Other Settings.jpg

OK, thank you for the information. Have I missed anything else why none of these features work as before...? It stopped working right after the 384 upgrade...

How does one retain Traffic History(monitoring)? Below are the settings I have but when the router is rebooted it loses all the data or at least the display of that data of the daily/monthly usage. I'm trying to see what how much is being downloaded each month but as I noted, a reboot wipes it all out. I can only assume I'm doing something wrong.

Make sure you have created the database (by selecting the option on the Other Settings page). Afterward, a file should appear on that USB disk, containing the router's MAC in its filename.

OK, thank you for the information. Have I missed anything else why none of these features work as before...? It stopped working right after the 384 upgrade...

Make sure you accepted the Trend Micro EULA when asked.

Make sure you have created the database (by selecting the option on the Other Settings page). Afterward, a file should appear on that USB disk, containing the router's MAC in its filename.
Create database by checking Yes on "Create or reset data files"? I did that but a reboot still wipes any daily traffic data from the Traffic Monitor page. I feel as if I'm missing something simple somewhere.

Create database by checking Yes on "Create or reset data files"? I did that but a reboot still wipes any daily traffic data from the Traffic Monitor page. I feel as if I'm missing something simple somewhere.

Check on the USB disk to ensure that the file does get created. If not, double check the specified path.

Check on the USB disk to ensure that the file does get created. If not, double check the specified path.
I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I used Putty to SSH into the router but I'm not seeing anything on the disk when using a "dir" command to see what there. The USB disk also does not show in Win10 Explorer at all so I can't check that way.

I'm just above a novice when it comes to this stuff. All I'm hoping to accomplish is to see how much data gets used each month, both up and down. I'm hoping that this info will persist over reboots and display in that Traffic Monitor page.

I appreciate the help.

Make sure you accepted the Trend Micro EULA when asked.

I accepted long time ago when I turned on Trend Micro features with the earlier FW version. Can you please help me find out where can I accept it again? I turn all features off/on but it does not ask me to accept any agreement...

If enabling features doesn't reask you to accept the EULA then you probably already did accept it indeed.

You are right, this is the case. Do you probably have any other idea how to reactivate statistics and web history?

You are right, this is the case. Do you probably have any other idea how to reactivate statistics and web history?

Try reformatting the JFFS partition. If it still fails, do a complete factory default reset, and reconfigure your router from scratch.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!