What's new

Strangeness with ASUS AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

electr0

Occasional Visitor
I have an AC86U (aimesh router) that I want to use with an old AC68U (aimesh node). The ac68u is connected with ethernet on an the lan side of the ac86u with an switch(netgear GS724T) in between. But it seems never to use the ethernet it always switch to wireless?
If I read the configuration on the AC86U its always says that its node using the wireless?
Any suggestions or ideas how to solve this? Is it that there is a switch in between that corrupts the ethernet aimesh?

I have an AC86U (aimesh router) that I want to use with an old AC68U (aimesh node). The ac68u is connected with ethernet on an the lan side of the ac86u with an switch(netgear GS724T) in between. But it seems never to use the ethernet it always switch to wireless?
If I read the configuration on the AC86U its always says that its node using the wireless?
Any suggestions or ideas how to solve this? Is it that there is a switch in between that corrupts the ethernet aimesh?

In the router webUI, set the node connection type to wired/Ethernet.

Some switches can defeat Auto sensing of backhaul type.

OE

Also, note that the 68U does not support Smart Connect node band steering, so you should use separate SSIDs and manually steer your wireless clients to the preferred SSID/band.

OE

Also, note that the 68U does not support Smart Connect node band steering, so you should use separate SSIDs and manually steer your wireless clients to the preferred SSID/band.

OE
It seems that it handle it by it self since its part of the mesh

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!