What's new

Suggested Sticky?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

treeskygrass

Regular Contributor
I'd like to suggest a "sticky" post with the names of the various add-ons and links to them... it's difficult wading through the threads to find out what's available.

In my case, I'm looking for something like VPN Director that supports other protocols.

I'd like to suggest a "sticky" post with the names of the various add-ons and links to them... it's difficult wading through the threads to find out what's available.

In my case, I'm looking for something like VPN Director that supports other protocols.
You should have searched (if you didn't) before posting. This has been asked for quite a few times in the past. See this link for one example of such a past discussion. Most times people who asked are instructed to go and see this link. Or to see the "AddOn's" tab's Help & Support sub tab that a few of the add-ons will add to the Merlin GUI.

So
You should have searched (if you didn't) before posting. This has been asked for quite a few times in the past. See this link for one example of such a past discussion. Most times people who asked are instructed to go and see this link. Or to see the "AddOn's" tab's Help & Support sub tab that a few of the add-ons will add to the Merlin GUI

LOL that’s WHY I suggested the sticky. Thanks for making the point!

@treeskygrass does have a point. There's no real good way to find some insanely good scripts out there that aren't already included on Jack's addons tab, or within AMTM... The only way would be to browse the forums or search, and get lucky enough to run across something. How would someone know about or find @Ranger802004's amazing Dual-WAN Failover script... or @eibgrad's awesome DNS monitor script... Or this awesome script @Martinski wrote to check for and kill stuck proc cmds on our AC86U's... I could go on about some of the amazing stuff that @Martineau has put out... Anyways, I definitely think it would be nice to have a catalog of some of this stuff for sure!

@treeskygrass does have a point. There's no real good way to find some insanely good scripts out there that aren't already included on Jack's addons tab, or within AMTM... The only way would be to browse the forums or search, and get lucky enough to run across something. How would someone know about or find @Ranger802004's amazing Dual-WAN Failover script... or @eibgrad's awesome DNS monitor script... Or this awesome script @Martinski wrote to check for and kill stuck proc cmds on our AC86U's... Would be nice to have a catalog of some of this stuff for sure!
It’s so funny to me that people often reply without addressing the question. One person suggested I “search” but failed to say what I should have searched for… which isn’t relevant to my suggestion of creating a sticky any way. While a search can be helpful, so is having frequently searched for and CURRENT info at the top of the page. Isn’t that the POINT of a sticky?

It’s so funny to me that people often reply without addressing the question. One person suggested I “search”. It failed to say for what… which in any isn’t even relevant to my suggestion of creating a sticky. While a search can be helpful, so is having frequently searched for and CURRENT info at the top of the page. Isn’t that the POINT of a sticky?
Personally, I never knew that Jack included an addons tab in his programs that would only be visible in the router UI. I learned something new today. I knew that the @thelonelycoder included a list of supported programs on his main site, but again, how would someone new to the game find this? I happened to stumble across the "Asuswrt-Merlin Addons" subforum by complete accident a few years back, thinking there was only the main AsusMerlin forum. I get your point completely, @treeskygrass ;)

Last edited:
Thanks but that’s just one not all, it’s not a sticky, and fwiw it doesn’t show me any available packages.

in any case, a sticky would still be helpful for those looking for a current list of packages.

No, it is not just one. Read further.

So

LOL that’s WHY I suggested the sticky. Thanks for making the point!
My point is that the request for a forum sticky has been asked numerous times in the past and a search would turn up one or more of those past requests. I even included a link to a past request someone else made 2021 in my post. Every single time the suggestion for a thread sticky here is made the AMTM link, that I included in my post and which others have posted, is provided. Bottom line mods/forum staff/site owner have decided that a forum sticky describing all the addons, despite repeated requests for one going back years, is not needed. Instead the stickied Asuswrt-Merlin AddOn Developers Donation Links is what is available as a sticked thread short of searching threads/posts. It is what it is.

Last edited:
To further add as an example of past requests for stickied threads that come up in a subforum search. Two recent threads from earlier this year asking for stickied thread(s). In the second one, RMerlin explains there is no current (at that time) plans to add another sticky post.

Suggested sticky

Sticky Thread Suggestion
There are currently no plan to add any other sticky posts to this sub-forum. Other addon devs expressed a dislike of sticky posts, and I personally tend to agree - the more sticky you have, the less likely it is that anyone will actually bother reading them. How many times do we get questions asked on the Asuswrt-Merlin subforum that are answered in one of the sticky posts there.

I actually had to push a bit harder to convince some of the addon devs to let me put at least the donation sticky (because this is something that isn't documented anywhere else).

The best reference right now for people looking for a list of links is the official Asuswrt-Merlin documentation: its Wiki. @thelonelycoder usually keeps that page up-to-date.

As for people looking for more info beyond just a main release thread, using the forum filters is the way to go, as threads are tagged by their script.

Use the forum filters function and click on the Prefix drop down menu. It contains the majority of the available scripts.

Use the forum filters function and click on the Prefix drop down menu. It contains the majority of the available scripts.
I did that out of curiosity. Here's what I got...

Merlin AddOns

AdGuardHome
amtm
CakeQOS
connmon
Diversion
DNScrypt
FlexQoS
modmon
ntpMerlin
NVRAM
pixelserv
PWRMON
RTRMON
Scribe
sc Merlin
Skynet
spdMerlin
Suricata
uiScribe
Unbound
uiDivStats
vnStat
vpnmgr
VPNMON
Wireguard
x3mRouting
YazDHCP
YazFi

Use the forum filters function and click on the Prefix drop down menu.

You get Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3... I don't understand what's going on here and why the threads must be split this way. Forum built-in search is actually really bad (Google searches much better on SNB Forum) and you can't search in a single thread because they are split for unknown reason. Thread 4 on the first page, Thread 1 beyond page 10 - you don't even see it. There is room for improvement. This arrangement is inconvenient.

While one can filter by script/add-on that way, one still has to hunt through a list of returns to find the one post that explains what the script is or does. For a new person to this site they likely won't know about the filter option as evidenced by the repeated times a thread sticky has been asked for. I get the desire not to have such a sticky page since someone will have to maintain it. But from a site content usability standpoint; what isn't a big deal for long time posters/visitors, it is less than desirable to make a new visitor to the site hunt through numerous (filtered) posts to find out what what a single (or all the) scripts do. New visitors/users may get frustrated and go elsewhere or start request post such as the OP did.

While one can filter by script/add-on that way, one still has to hunt through a list of returns to find the one post that explains what the script is or does.

You have to find Thread 1. Most don't bother and just fire away the question asked/answered 101 times already.

I would be happy to volunteer to create and maintain an Asus-Merlin Addons Software Catalog Post with links to their original posts and associated script/code... Maybe create different categories to sort these addons under... with the hopes that people would post recommendations for items to add to this thread, or for broken links, etc? And perhaps in time, might be considered to become a sticky? Thoughts?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!