What's new

Suggestion to add remote.it support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lzkill

Occasional Visitor
Recently I've changed to a small ISP, great guys and good service. But unfortunately they do cgnat on the link, so I can't access my devices from outside their network. The solution I found is having a raspberry pi inside my LAN with remote.it. This way I can open tunnels to my lan devices with no hassle.

It would be awesome to have a script to install and run the deamon needed to make this work, so I wouldn't need the rpi anymore. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Recently I've changed to a small ISP, great guys and good service. But unfortunately they do cgnat on the link, so I can't access my devices from outside their network. The solution I found is having a raspberry pi inside my LAN with remote.it. This way I can open tunnels to my lan devices with no hassle.

It would be awesome to have a script to install and run the deamon needed to make this work, so I wouldn't need the rpi anymore. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I googled this for you

Tinc could work, but this is what the cool kids are playing with now (note: only available for certain models) -

enable IPv6 on your network (if CGNAT is in place from your ISP, I don't see why you wouldn't have an IPv6 connection) and do away with NAT for the most part...but that means your DNS has to be up to the job. Fortunately for people running Merlin, there's unbound:

Good luck, Happy surfing!

Tinc could work, but this is what the cool kids are playing with now (note: only available for certain models) -

enable IPv6 on your network (if CGNAT is in place from your ISP, I don't see why you wouldn't have an IPv6 connection) and do away with NAT for the most part...but that means your DNS has to be up to the job. Fortunately for people running Merlin, there's unbound:

Good luck, Happy surfing!

Does asus dyndns work with ipv6? I haven't really looked into that as an option. May have to try it.

unbound replaces dyndns, and works perfectly well with IPv6.
see mine below, with 0-1 usec (microsecond) DNS lookups...yes, a good portion of the data is centred around 65-135 msec (that's non-cached DNS data that requires going to the authoritative servers Google/CloudFlare reference), but the majority of things happen MUCH faster than that.
You SHOULD try it.

unbound.jpg