What's new

Suggestions for Merlin Add-ons

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe someone with the skills/knowledge and has this model and is able to successfully compile an image could share :)
The thread has been there all along, and already referenced a few times in this thread, @motox22a. Clicka da link! Follow the posts there and you’ll have a working instance is my guess...but it’s all command line. A GUI implementation would be awesome, but it’s in the hands of people who know much more and have greatly different skills from mine (and most around here). That’s why I mentioned the prospect of custom building a fork of Merlin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT-AC86u are HND right? Maybe someone with the skills/knowledge and has this model and is able to successfully compile an image could share :)
Including third party's kernel modules in the firmware image makes immediate updates difficult.
Because every time a new snapshot comes out, you have to create a new firmware.
And this is how voxel included WireGuard in his firmware.
Lets think. If you released a firmware with a new snapshot yesterday, and a vulnerability is discovered today, then you need to release a new firmware today.

I’m also imagining a single page for all DNS settings since we often end up asking people with DNS problems to go to 3 different pages to tell us what their relevant DNS settings are.
Would be really awsome ;) I would hope/suggest to even see other DNS options/settings on that page (DNSPrivacy DoT/Unbound/DNSCrypt v2/NextDNS/Stubby-Installer)
All DNS options/settings/protocols in one place :)

Last edited:
Would be really awsome ;) I would hope/suggest to even see other DNS options/settings on that page (DNSPrivacy DoT/Unbound/DNSCrypt v2/NextDNS/Stubby-Installer)
All DNS options/settings/protocols in one place :)
That'll be perfect.
Talking about nextdns, the implementation they have works without flaws but it's very obscure. Like we don't know what's going on on router, because if we go to wan page, it seems were were regular DNS or DoT.

is there already a log/page, to see connections made to the router's vpn server during the last week or so?

Last edited:
I've got a script for NordVPN that queries their api and can be triggered to switch to their recommended server or set up cron for scheduled checking and switching (including removal of the cron entries). If other VPN providers have an api, it could easily be adapted to incorporate them! I started a thread here but had no replies

Just need to figure out the Web front end for it.

For those of us who are investors, how about a scrolling Stock Market Ticker for ASUSTek stock somewhere near the top of the System Status window under Network Map? ;)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (2357.TW)
Taiwan - Taiwan Delayed Price. Currency in TWD
Add to watchlist
198.00+1.50 (+0.76%)
At close: April 17 1:30PM CST

For those of us who are investors, how about a scrolling Stock Market Ticker for ASUSTek stock somewhere near the top of the System Status window under Network Map? ;)

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (2357.TW)
Taiwan - Taiwan Delayed Price. Currency in TWD
Add to watchlist
198.00+1.50 (+0.76%)
At close: April 17 1:30PM CST
RMerlin once built a first April prank into the firmware, the changelog even mentioned it. But no one reads changelogs, and we were all looking in awe at our routers UI headers. Well, not all were in awe, some unimagitive users found that not so funny. Sadly, there have been no more such pranks by him.

RMerlin once built a first April prank into the firmware, the changelog even mentioned it. But no one reads changelogs, and we were all looking in awe at our routers UI headers. Well, not all were in awe, some unimagitive users found that not so funny. Sadly, there have been no more such pranks by him.
Screenshots or it didn't happened :) curious to see what it was!

The screenshots don't do it justice - you had to see it gradually fall to get the full effect of how silly it looked.

Code:
cd /jffs/
wget https://www.lostrealm.ca/temp/index_style.css
mount -o bind /jffs/index_style.css /www/index_style.css

Make sure you try to push the titlebar back in place with your mouse pointer for the full effect.

Idea: A Gui page, or text file, or whatever, that shows any setting that does not match (i.e. has been changed) the default value.

This would aid when migrating/upgrading from one router to another or reconfiguring after a reset.

Code:
cd /jffs/
wget https://www.lostrealm.ca/temp/index_style.css
mount -o bind /jffs/index_style.css /www/index_style.css

Make sure you try to push the titlebar back in place with your mouse pointer for the full effect.
And it’s compatible with John’s fork! :)

That’s awesome. Maybe you need a trick for the “non authentic” routers to keep moving the AIMesh button every time they try to add their illegal routers. Like that old Windows gag to keep moving the Ok button away from the mouse.

The screenshots don't do it justice - you had to see it gradually fall to get the full effect of how silly it looked.
Absolutely amazing! Just creating a start script so it can be there forever.

Doesn't fall on mobile :) can you please fix through a firmware update or is this amazing feature part of ASUS closed source? :p:p
@dave14305 please use your debug skills!:D

https://gofile.io/?c=1dlFY1