Swapping from Asus XT8 to XT12

sonny_no10

New Around Here
Hi,

Apologies if I am a complete noob here.

I have an XT8 mesh setup currently, 1 router and 2 as satellite nodes. I have decided to upgrade to XT12s but I am uncertain how to go about it without losing my current network information - SSID and all connected devices information.
I suppose just swapping out the router may not work, any advice here? Thanks in advance.

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
SSID and all connected devices information.

SSID - just set the same with the same password

What connected devices information you want to transfer?

sonny_no10

New Around Here
You know, I hadn't even thought of that!
What I meant by connected devices information was simply the login details for the WiFi. Told you I was a noob!

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
Just set the same SSID and password and you're good. If some devices have connection issues, forget the network and re-connect.

What network improvements you expect to achieve going from XT8 to XT12? All your devices with common 2-stream radio will work the same way. TX12 is not only very expensive, but it's a new product and on consumer market it means you sing up for beta tester. Do you really want this?

sonny_no10

New Around Here
You're right, I'm planning to get my house wired with cat6 ethernet. I might keep the XT8s and run it wired backhaul. I'll see later if I want to upgrade or not. But good to know how to retain the SSID. Thanks.

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
I might keep the XT8s and run it wired backhaul.

This is going to be a significant improvement in both stability and speed. It will very likely work better than XT12 with Wi-Fi backhaul.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!