What's new

Switch before router to avoid NAT restriction. Gamer here.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

A

Abdelinho

Hi, first my english sucks very much so dont expect an expert here :D just a little crazy networker scientist here.!

I read a lot and i learn so much woth you guys, but now i move out to another home (more bigger) so i install 2 router, and 2 switch. And here is come my nightmare:

Primordial i want connect: 2 laptops and 2 ps4 with Nat 1 (no shirt problems port restrictions) and this is how i do:

Modem > switch 1> router 1(nighthawk)>laptop 1 and whateva
> switch 2 > router 2 (dlink gaming router) > pc
> ps4 1 (nat 1! Yeyy!)
> ps4 2(nat 1! Too!!)

So this is my little red here, actually is work it out pritty well but sometimes give me lags problems, what you guys recommend me??

C ya.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Hi, first my english sucks very much so dont expect an expert here :D just a little crazy networker scientist here.!

I read a lot and i learn so much woth you guys, but now i move out to another home (more bigger) so i install 2 router, and 2 switch. And here is come my nightmare:

Primordial i want connect: 2 laptops and 2 ps4 with Nat 1 (no shirt problems port restrictions) and this is how i do:

Modem > switch 1> router 1(nighthawk)>laptop 1 and whateva
> switch 2 > router 2 (dlink gaming router) > pc
> ps4 1 (nat 1! Yeyy!)
> ps4 2(nat 1! Too!!)

So this is my little red here, actually is work it out pritty well but sometimes give me lags problems, what you guys recommend me??

C ya.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
Added switch versus switch built into WiFi routers: no difference, except if PCs are gigabit ethernet and the router LAN ports are not. But the delay for gaming won't make any difference.

If the game server is on the internet, the delays are your ISP's link to your home and more so, the internet delays to the game server, and more so yet, the delays in a busy server.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!