What's new

Sync HDD Drive to OneDrive Business

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Teng Wang

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I attached a 5T HDD to Asus Merlin Router and would like auto-sync its data a Microsoft OneDrive for Business (5TB as well).

Is there a solution available?

Thanks

If that is a USB 5TB drive, you're asking for issues. Too large of a drive to be natively supported at this time by the limited processing power and low RAM of a consumer router.

Thanks!
It has dedicated power supply and it has been working fine for 2 years. So working with the router is not my question. but how to sync its content to OneDrive Business is my question.

Thanks!
It has dedicated power supply and it has been working fine for 2 years. So working with the router is not my question. but how to sync its content to OneDrive Business is my question.

You're welcome.

Sorry, but I can't help with your direct question. But for those that may be able to help, provide the following details.

Which router do you have? What specific firmware version are you running? Is this a basic router install or are you using advanced features? If yes, which ones?

I must emphasize that just because this set up is working so far, it doesn't mean it is immune to the issues that I indicated.

For quick, effortless and reliable syncing, I would use a utility such as FreeFileSync/RealTimeSync than anything directly on the router that would further tax its limited resources.

Agreed, you should be able to map the USB drive as a network drive on a computer, and if your OneDrive is syncing to that computer, you can then use FreeFileSync or anything similar to sync the two.

Probably, the question should look like this:

Is there a linux client for MS OneDrive, and is it available for Merlin for syncing to/from attached USB drive in unattended mode? I.e. while all the windows laptops and workstations are offline

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!