What's new

Synology Releases DSM 6.1 NAS OS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.1 is the newest version of Synology’s Linux-based operating system designed to run on the company’s NAS products.

synology-logo.jpg

Designed for business use, DSM has several highlighted features to note:
  • The updated file system includes data protection technologies like file self-healing and instant server-side copy.
  • Active Directory services can now run on a Synology NAS.
  • Shared folder encryption.
  • Seagate Iron Wolf Health Management for storage monitoring.
  • Snapshot replication adds encrypted shared folder replication support
  • Updated Hyper Backup adds enhanced data deduplication and more data retention control.
  • Updated High Availability enables SSD TRIM, and adds a quorum server.
  • Virtual DSM Manager facilitates NAS cloning and restore to and from other NAS devices.
New features include:
  • Synology’s Universal Search to quickly find specific content on the hosting NAS.
  • USB Copy 2.0 is a rule-based copying service that copies files from USB drives to predetermined folders.
  • RAID F1 for XS-series and SMB 4.4 upgrade for sparse file support
For more information and supported models, be sure to check out the soon to be udpated Synology webpage at https://www.synology.com/dsm/6.1.

DiskStation Manager (DSM) 6.1 is the newest version of Synology’s Linux-based operating system designed to run on the company’s NAS products.
https://www.synology.com/dsm/6.1.
That link directed me to DSM 6.0 page. Is it related to country that I am in?

Just FYI, I skimmed through DSM 6.0 page, and saw about Intrusion Detection/Prevention in NAS, and I recently opened email support about this add-on. They say that they will remove this add-on from DS216+ii after Beta, so I guess they mean removing from other models too.