What's new

Synology RT2600 Rejects PIN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So, apparently MAC even though *nix based makes stuff difficult....

Finding My IP Using the MacOS Terminal​

Command prompts can also be used to your IP address on a Mac device. To use command prompts, start the MacOS Terminal app and enter one of the following commands:

• Ipconfig getifaddr en1” - The system will return the IP address for a wired Ethernet connection.
  • ipconfig getifaddr en0” - This will return the IP address of your wireless connection.
  • Curl ifconfig.me” - This command returns the public IP address of the Mac Terminal.

IPCONFIG is normally just a windows thing. IFCONFIG is more of a Linux thing. Using both.... well, that's just silly.

Just wanted to wrap this thing up and note what finally worked for anyone else who may come across this thread in search of a solution.
Using a 2010 MBP w/ an ethernet port:
* Connected MBP via ethernet cable to a LAN port on rear of RT2600
* Opened Safari and input [router.synology.com]
* It could not find a connected Synology device
* Downloaded and ran Synology Assistant; it too could not find a connect Synology device
* A pop us suggested: Enable the “Allow compatibility with devices that do not support password encryption” option in Synology Assistant Preferences.
* Made that change, ran Synology Assistant again and this time it found the RT2600 and opened the SRM page with all entrees blank.
* I set up new user name and password, made a few changes, updated the SRM version, and backed it up.

Everything is now working fine and I did not have to go through the hell that a hard reset of the RT2600 probably would have entailed.

Greatly appreciate the mini education your provided and for sticking with me while I wrestled with this problem.