What's new

[Tenda AC18] Upgrading Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wedc

New Around Here
Hello, i have this tenda AC18 with the firmware:
1678570431655.png

Wanna know if is recommended to move to the next one found in this forum and if yes, which param you recommend me to look in the device before moving, to prevent any brick.

Thank you.

You have to ask the fork creator for help. This is a ported firmware by someone else and the original developer has nothing to do with it.

This is about John's Fork port, but still the original was not intended to run on other than Asus routers.
Per the Asus-Merlin About link for supported routers I posted (and which you quoted) the issue of forks running on non Asus routers is addressed:
John9527: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/fork-asuswrt-merlin-374-lts-overview.67510/

His fork focuses on older models and is based on an older codebase that is compatible with these older models.

Supported models:
  • RT-N16
  • RT-N66U
  • RT-AC66U
  • RT-AC56U
  • RT-AC68U (only first version, V3/V4 not supported)
There are also a number of illegal forks which run on non-Asus routers. Asuswrt cannot legally be run on these, as they are not licensed for use of the proprietary components like Trend Micro's engine. These illegal forks are not supported, and should not be used. In addition they are generally in violation of GPL licensing terms, as their source code is not publicly available.

ok, thanks you everyone, will have to move from this router the, which router for homework and gaming can you recommend me?

thanks.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!